HCKL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: HCKL Chat Thread

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Palmtana wrote:I was in the "complainer" category because I felt the availables list contained too much information (OB, TB, BPHR's) for a league called Hard Core. Simply a list of players, like was done last year, is enough in my opinion. It helps cut down on bad picks.

Exactly I don't need the rest just names and positions.

qksilver69

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 pm

Hey guys - just a heads up, rosters are taking me longer than normal because everyone is posting in different formats. For future reference please post drops and draft picks as follows:

Lastname,firstname Position (position is optional for drops)

No numbers or other info. The only space AT ALL should be between the end of name and the Position. It would help too if you drop any spaces between guys with multiple firstnames i.e. Jose Luis becomes JoseLuis.

Basically, exactly the way you see the data in the Excel on Roster by Owner is the way to post it.

Thx,
Qk

qksilver69

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm

Sorry guys a little behind I still have 4 more teams to roster-check and and then I need to update Position tab and Prospect tab then create Availables file. So hoping to finish tonight on all of that stay tuned.

Thx
Qk

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 pm

Guys,

I'm thinking about selling off in order to build for the future. this could put some interesting cards in play. I would be looking younger players with promise and or elite prospects. If you're feeling particularly froggy you can add kershaw to the list below.

please let me know if you are interested.

Andrew Miller
Chris Devenski
Jay Bruce
Adrian Beltre
John Lackey
Jose Quintana
Ben Zobrist
Logan Forsythe

superflymacdaddyjuice

PostWed Jan 11, 2017 10:13 pm

If you sent me an offer via PM I am reviewing the offers and my roster. I will reply to all before making moves. I should have may way forward sorted out by Friday. I have a lot to go through.

Thanks for the interest.

JAMESZIMMER

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Thanks for the updates and list of availables, Dave.

qksilver69

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Guys you should all have the updated roster file and availables list now. If there are any corrections please let me know ASAP, I will take corrections through midnite Eastern tonight. After that we are locked til after the draft for corrections but of course trading is always open in HCKL :D .

In the meantime, Palm is welcome to start the draft. We will do the stadium draft later as the numbers are not out yet, 1st round of prospect draft will be late March as usual.

Happy drafting!

Qk

PS - This is one of the shorter drafts in HCKL history - interesting to see all the teams reluctant to make cuts except for 1 or 2. If it means the talent pool is too thin, I will take feedback on shortening the Supp draft and Prospect drafts by 1 round. I want to maintain a balance in value between FA draft Supp & Prospects so all avenues to team building remain valid.

Ninersphan

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 12:47 pm

qksilver69 wrote:Guys you should all have the updated roster file and availables list now. If there are any corrections please let me know ASAP, I will take corrections through midnite Eastern tonight. After that we are locked til after the draft for corrections but of course trading is always open in HCKL :D .

In the meantime, Palm is welcome to start the draft. We will do the stadium draft later as the numbers are not out yet, 1st round of prospect draft will be late March as usual.

Happy drafting!

Qk

PS - This is one of the shorter drafts in HCKL history - interesting to see all the teams reluctant to make cuts except for 1 or 2. If it means the talent pool is too thin, I will take feedback on shortening the Supp draft and Prospect drafts by 1 round. I want to maintain a balance in value between FA draft Supp & Prospects so all avenues to team building remain valid.

Thanks for the hard work.

I found two "availables" that are anything but:

Jason Kipis
Aroldis Chapman

both listed on the availables list but are on rosters.

Keep an eye out for double listings too, there are many players who switched teams that have two (or more) listing on the availables, make sure if you are using it to keep track you acknowledge all listings. I'm sure that's what happened with Chapman.

Terry101

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Nice work on the updates and on the availables list- very helpful

One more on availables that is not available- Jose Deleon

qksilver69

PostThu Jan 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks Terry I did catch him as well before work, I will send another version tonight with all the "catches".
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat