heekin65

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 5:59 pm

Sent you an email- Thanks Fred!

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 6:13 pm

trade announcement...

fredpaii trades his 6th round FA pick (2017)

to

Eddie E for SP Dan Straily

to be confirmed...

Eddie E

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 6:22 pm

I confirm

fredpaii

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 6:27 pm

And I cut Blake Treinen to get back to 20.

Paul_Long71

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 8:17 pm

fred,

just edit your post on the other thread to reflect this trade and the Treinen cut.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 am

Results from Proposals Vote:

22 total votes (didn't get votes from Turtle or Bigmahon....not needed now)

Proposal 1 (Falcon's divisional alignment proposal): Passed 19-3

Proposal 2 (Hveed's prospect increase proposal): Passed 16-6

Proposal 3 (Hveed's prospect cuts proposal): Passed 20-1

thanks for the quick responses guys. on to listing keepers and cuts and promotions etc.... see separate thread here in the ILC (already have 12 done)

Dr.Publix

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 am

Looking to trade my 2nd and or 3rd round prospect picks in this year's draft for a corresponding prospect pick in next year's draft or a pick in this year's FA draft. Any takers?

Dr.Publix

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my prospect situation and just want to make sure that I'm understanding the rules correctly.

-The rules of the FA draft now apply to the prospect draft, meaning that you can't trade a pick that you don't own, correct?

calbatross wrote:...leaving me with just 3 prospect picks this year. Unless someone wants it in trade, I will be forfeiting my 4th round prospect (#82)

So Calbatross would actually have to trade a prospect pick earlier than his 4th rounder so that he's not trading "a pick that he doesn't have." In other words, he could trade his 3rd round pick and then un-forfeit his 4th, right? And a trade resulting in this kind of un-forfeiting of a pick could happen at any time until the pick is actually made or skipped, correct? For example, he has forfeited his 4th round prospect pick, but let's say that during the free agent draft, he trades his 2nd round prospect pick for an active player or FA pick, leaving him with 3 prospects and 2 prospect picks. He would then regain his 4th round prospect pick, correct? It's not too late to create an opening via trade even though it would be too late to create an opening via prospect promotion or dropping, correct?

-But the rules of the FA draft do not apply to the prospect draft in the sense that there are still only a max of 96 picks and not extra picks added on at the end so that everyone gets to the max roster size, correct?

Eddie E wrote:This gives me 15 keepers plus 3 prospect promotions for a total of 18 keepers (drafting 12)
This gives me 0 prospects drafting 6

From what I see of the prospect draft, Eddie only 3 picks this year so that even though he might have 6 open prospect slots, he doesn't get 6 prospect picks unless he acquires 3 from other places, right?

I'm not trying to single these guys out or anything, just using them as examples because like I said, I want to make sure that I'm understanding everything correctly before finalizing my decisions. Thanks

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:03 pm

What you have is correct.

You can't trade a pick you don't have but this is tricky as he could have traded it away before acquiring an extra prospect. We may have to discuss if the "can't trade a pick you don't have" should apply to the Prospect draft because it can get messy. But yes. as the rules stand now, he can't trade his 4th rd pros pick as he doesn't have one.

As for the other issue. There are ONLY 4 rounds in the Prospect draft. we don't add picks to max out your prospects. Thus, in Eddie E's case he currently has 3 picks in the Prospect draft since he traded his 2nd rd Pros pick to Rosco in transaction #31. So he is not "drafting 6"
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat