D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I believe two prospect draft picks per year per person are just right. Wouldn't that fix everything?

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:30 pm

I think my real concern is not this year. I'd say go ahead and trade picks until cuts are final.

it's what happens in the future when you have 10 prospects already and you want to make a trade where you trade away your 1st rd Prospect pick. By rule, you are maxed already and don't have a 1st rd prospect pick (yet). do we not allow that kind of trade? do you have to drop a prospect on the spot?

I think we should treat Pros picks as assets and allow them to be traded, but this is the discussion we will need to have.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:32 pm

I think the deadline would be once the last person lists their cuts. If that is dragging on we'll set a date. If I set a date and someone hasn't listed theirs yet, then what?

I am pretty aggressive at emailing/texting people so hopefully people will get their cuts in and we'll move on and won't need an official date.

calbatross

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Dr.Publix wrote:From what I see of the prospect draft, Eddie only 3 picks this year so that even though he might have 6 open prospect slots, he doesn't get 6 prospect picks unless he acquires 3 from other places, right?

This is as I understand it. Because our prospect roster isn't something that we are by rule forced to fill up to the max every year. With prospects, you get the picks that you get or trade for, but there are no supplemental prospect rounds. Paul can probably confirm (if he hasn't already) :)

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 pm

I already did. you would have to scroll up.

He has 3 picks this year. (traded one away).

So he will have 3 prospects at the end of this years prospect draft (as of now)

calbatross

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I think the deadline would be once the last person lists their cuts. If that is dragging on we'll set a date. If I set a date and someone hasn't listed theirs yet, then what?

I am pretty aggressive at emailing/texting people so hopefully people will get their cuts in and we'll move on and won't need an official date.

I guess I am just saying if it is going to affect a team's assets, I'd recommend setting a date. For example, I could drag it out by waiting to post while I continue to try and drum up a trade.

2 weeks from the day the card drops is one I have seen used a couple places. We do the stadium draft thingy, so there is that to consider.

That's my 2 cents. :)

Roscodog

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:47 pm

This was a rule that had confused me until last year. But it's simple.

All your free agent picks and prospect picks are yours until the draft starts. It's is only after the drafts start that you forfeit those said picks that you do not have room for.
It rarely comes up in prospect drafts as most leagues allow to carry 10 or more prospects for a maximum of two years and rarely have a prospect draft longer than 4 rounds.

Cut players are yours until a final set date as otherwise most would wait until the last minute. I often trade for other teams cuts. It's usually a win-win for both managers.

calbatross

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 2:50 pm

fredpaii wrote:I believe two prospect draft picks per year per person are just right. Wouldn't that fix everything?

Almost, yes! :)

But with a 2 year limit on prospect status and a 10 prospect roster limit, the valid prospect pick issue is extremely unlikely to come up in future years.
Last edited by calbatross on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roscodog

PostTue Mar 07, 2017 3:00 pm

calbatross wrote:
fredpaii wrote:I believe two prospect draft picks per year per person are just right. Wouldn't that fix everything?

Almost, yes! :)

If we did go to a 2 round draft I would suggest that prospects can be kept for longer than a 2 year period.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 1:23 am

13 people have made their cuts/promotions. a little past 1/2 way. let's get them in.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat