2010 Keeper League Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Turtle

Re: 2010 Keeper League Chat Thread

PostTue May 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Soooo, BIG PROBLEM. I went to drop Steven Matz, who has been struggling and exchange him out for Danny Duffy. But, to my surprise. Rburgh has been using him all season. He should have Lewis, but No, Cubit has Lewis.

What are we going to do about this?????

WJS6768

PostTue May 09, 2017 4:30 pm

There should be some type of penalty because it has happened all season. If it was an oversight for a series or two, no big deal, mistakes happen, but the whole season. Maybe a loss of a draft pick as a penalty.

The Turtle

PostTue May 09, 2017 9:18 pm

WJS6768 wrote:There should be some type of penalty because it has happened all season. If it was an oversight for a series or two, no big deal, mistakes happen, but the whole season. Maybe a loss of a draft pick as a penalty.

No response and another day without the player I would like to add. :shock: :oops: :?

timklucinec

PostTue May 09, 2017 10:08 pm

Sorry guys,
I have been busy. I will look into it. Not aware of the Duffy situation, but I am aware of Colby Lewis. Please let me research it & get back with you as soon as I can. Again apologies.

Tim

The Turtle

PostTue May 09, 2017 10:09 pm

timklucinec wrote:Sorry guys,
I have been busy. I will look into it. Not aware of the Duffy situation, but I am aware of Colby Lewis. Please let me research it & get back with you as soon as I can. Again apologies.

Tim

I am guessing if someone drafted Lewis wrong, then Rburgh got Duffy as his replacement.

Cubit

PostWed May 10, 2017 12:07 am

I believe Colby Lewis has been on my roster since last season. He was not dropped before this year...

timklucinec

PostWed May 10, 2017 3:02 am

Fellas,
After researching Drafts and Drops, here is what I found:

1. Turtle drafted Danny Duffy, SP(KC) in Round 2, 2016 Supplemental Draft(2015 Cards U).
1a. Rburgh has no claim on Danny Duffy and has used him this Season 1 f⎌or some reason.

2. Drew dropped Colby Lewis, SP(TEX) in the 2014 FA Draft Drops.
2a. Cubit drafted Colby Lewis, SP(TEX) in Round 14, 2016 FA Draft(2015 Cards U).
2b. Cubit never dropped Colby Lewis.

3. Rburgh drafted Colby Lewis, SP(TEX) in Round 1. 2016 Supplemental Draft(2015 a Cards U)
3a. Apparently I missed taking Colby Lewis off the Availablility Player Listing, hence Rburgh drafted Colby Lewis due
to my oversight.

OPTIONS

1. Colby Lewis, SP has been playing for Cubit this season and is rightfully his to begin with. Colby Lewis remains with Cubit.
1a. Cubit must drop a player to meet the 40 Man Roster Requirement.

2. Danny Duffy, SP was drafted by Turtle and was in his Minors. Rburgh saw that Cubit had Colby Lewis on Cubit's team and
decided to pick up a Free Agent. In the SOM System, SOM does not label our Minor League Players in our Kepper Leagues
as a Minor Leaguer and who they belong to. They only classify them as FA (Free Agent).

2a. OPTION - Turtle can request Danny Duffy be returned to him and Rburgh can pick an FA from the Availability Player
Listing.

2b. OPTION - Danny Duffy can remain with Rburgh and Turtle can pick an FA from the Availability Player Listing

QUESTION: Turtle, what do you want to do? It is your choice. This is the precedent that has been established a few FA Drafts
ago.

NOTE: The Availability Player Listing is on the 2017 FA Draft Thread. I keep it available because of the Supplemental FA
Draft.

I apologize for this oversight. I am only human. That is why I email out the current Master Files after every FA and Prospect Drafts to all owners and ask you all to review for mistakes. PLEASE, ALWAYS CHECK YOUR ROSTERS!

Thank you for bringing this situation to my attention. I will take Colby Lewis off of Rburgh's Rosters and place him back on Cubit's Rosters.

Tim K

Cubit

PostWed May 10, 2017 9:26 am

Thank you TIm. Very clear and comprehensive. As usual, your efforts are greatly appreciated by all of us.

rburgh

PostWed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

I'm sure I got Duffy via the autodraft. I am showing zero transactions for the season. I'll be happy to trade him to Turtle for whoever Turtle got in the AD instead of Duffy. Just make me the offer, Turtle.

As to the Lewis situation, when I drafted him in the supplemental draft, no outcry was made. When the rosters were circulated before the draft, and everyone was requested to check their rosters, Lewis was on my roster and not on Ted's. NOW Ted asserts a right to Lewis. I don't get it, but I don't really care that much. He's a 37 year old pitcher and I have a team going nowhere.

A basic flaw in these leagues, and it is universal, is that we list DROPS. We should be required to submit KEEPERS. Then there would be no chance of an issue like this.

rburgh

PostWed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Never mind, I dropped Duffy and picked up Triggs, who did not show on a search of the Google roster sheet. Life is good.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat