PostSun Jun 17, 2018 1:12 pm

1. tcochran---yes
2. buzz --- yes
3. Paul_Long -- yes
4. Jerm12 ---Yes

willmurr24

Re: "THOSE WERE THE DAYS" LEAGUE

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Maybe we could hire Muellar to keep track of the substitution patterns in our league. Or we could simply spy/inform on each other. Perhaps we could hire our own Special Surveillor from outside our league but within the strat community, jflatour or bigmahon or the like ,players of unimpeachable character, come to mind. And ,of course , how do we know two or more players are not in cahoots ,dare I say colluding to affect the outcome of our seasons. I think if we can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt and with geometric logic that no human being can lose games in this fashion without first making a conscious decision to sin before man and his God then we can take all appropriate actions and then some to nip this shit in the bud. With this I bid you a fond farewell and offer all a laurel and hearty handshake Amen and anon

willmurr24

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 1:39 pm

PS I vote no
PSS my vote was affected by Russian Face Book ads and faces in ads in Russions books and THE SWEET WHISPERINGS OF CRIMEAN OLIGARCHS

tcochran

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 2:39 pm

After reviewing the extended discussion in the league chat -- and the playoff-style weights used in some other leagues -- I propose a tiered system in the following amendment to the rules:

Effective with the draft for the 2012 card set, draft order is determined by the previous regular season win/loss records and playoff records, as follows:
- The 8 teams with the worst W/L records will have the first 8 picks in the draft, with the sequence determined by a straight lottery; a random number generator, such as that at http://www.draftpicklottery.com/, will be used to determine the order of the first 8 picks
- The draft sequence for the next 8 teams will be in reverse order, worst-record first, NFL style*
- The draft sequence for the 8 teams in the playoffs will be determined by their playoff results, with those eliminated in the quarter-finals* followed by those eliminated in the semi-finals*, followed by the league runner-up at #23 and the champion at #24

* Ties between teams will be handled as in the League Setup rules

Since "all rule changes must pass by a super majority of 16 owners or more", it will take 16 YES votes to pass this measure. Shall the amendment be approved?

1. tcochran --- yes
2. buzz --- yes
3. Paul_Long -- yes
4. Jerm12 ---Yes
5. willmurr24 --- no

Jerm12

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:07 pm

I also do not feel there is a need for the commish or league to monitor or to punish owners at this level, however being as it is against SOM's fair play rules for future years I will likely report any owners taking obvious efforts to tank a season by not playing their best players in order to improve their draft pick to SOM and allowing them to handle the situation as them seem fit. I say this because I do, as does SOM, 100% see this as cheating.

FALCON29

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm

After reviewing the extended discussion in the league chat -- and the playoff-style weights used in some other leagues -- I propose a tiered system in the following amendment to the rules:

Effective with the draft for the 2012 card set, draft order is determined by the previous regular season win/loss records and playoff records, as follows:
- The 8 teams with the worst W/L records will have the first 8 picks in the draft, with the sequence determined by a straight lottery; a random number generator, such as that at http://www.draftpicklottery.com/, will be used to determine the order of the first 8 picks
- The draft sequence for the next 8 teams will be in reverse order, worst-record first, NFL style*
- The draft sequence for the 8 teams in the playoffs will be determined by their playoff results, with those eliminated in the quarter-finals* followed by those eliminated in the semi-finals*, followed by the league runner-up at #23 and the champion at #24

Since "all rule changes must pass by a super majority of 16 owners or more", it will take 16 YES votes to pass this measure. Shall the amendment be approved?

1. tcochran --- yes
2. buzz --- yes
3. Paul_Long -- yes
4. Jerm12 ---Yes
5. willmurr24 --- no
6. FALCON -- Yes

WJS6768

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Yes

paul j kiggins

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:47 pm

PostSun Jun 17, 2018 3:13 pm

1. tcochran --- yes
2. buzz --- yes
3. Paul_Long -- yes
4. Jerm12 ---Yes
5. willmurr24 --- no
6. FALCON -- Yes
7.WJS6768-yes
8. Black Knights-Yes
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat