NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Spider - Yeah, playing .750 doesn't usually last all that long. ;)

Jeep - Sure, making moves early like this is relatively cheap. The question I would have is, if these moves improve your squad, why didn't you make them before the season started? I'd be OK with going a straight 20% cap hit if we wanted to do that. I think most guys like being able to make a cheap move early. <shrug>

Dale is sitting there with 3 mil on the sidelines. I guess he's waiting to see what he needs next. Dale, anything to say about your moves?

Smokey, what about you. That's a curious .50 for another .50 move.

In the mean time, we've struggled a bit out of our division. Been very streaky. Lost five, won 5, lost 3, won 2. Playing the red hot Spider tonight. At least we're playing at home. Based on the past 15 games and the streak, you have to think I'll win the first one, lose the second and win the third. (5-5, 3-3, 1-1) 8-) :lol:

Jeepdriver

PostFri Jul 06, 2018 11:40 pm

The question I would have is, if these moves improve your squad, why didn't you make them before the season started?

You know, my uncle was a psychic, but it never rubbed off on me. ;)

doug_tucker10

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 12:46 am

I like having the 5% cap on player moves all season long. I'm not looking to get crazy with making too many moves myself but I think it adds something to encourage team maneuvering as individual managers may so desire. Ive only made one move myself and so far it has worked out ok. Ive been tempted to make other moves especially with this sudden rash of somewhat lengthy injuries. The projected replacements are too awful in my opinion to consider replacing the walking wounded.

joethejet

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 am

Jeepdriver wrote:
The question I would have is, if these moves improve your squad, why didn't you make them before the season started?

LOL :lol:
Well, *you* might not be a psychic Jeep, but maybe I am:
Based on the past 15 games and the streak, you have to think I'll win the first one, lose the second and win the third

That's EXACTLY what happened!!! Pretty funny huh?

I like having the 5% cap on player moves all season long. I'm not looking to get crazy with making too many moves myself but I think it adds something to encourage team maneuvering as individual managers may so desire. Ive only made one move myself and so far it has worked out ok. Ive been tempted to make other moves especially with this sudden rash of somewhat lengthy injuries. The projected replacements are too awful in my opinion to consider replacing the walking wounded

Doug, you know we only have the 5% cap for the first 41 games right?

Speaking of injuries, we lost Trout again, this time for only 7 games. That means he'll miss 22 of the first 41 (plus part of the games he got injured in) :( Hopefully we're getting them out of the way, but a couple of short injuries would be nice. Oh and we lost Swarzak, my best RP, for 5 games in the same game. My team *should* be pretty good with injuries, but we've been hit pretty hard, 66 games which is 3 times two of the teams in my division and 7 times Big A. :shock: We're keeping afloat so far.

Spider 67

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 8:19 am

Well, Joe predicted our games correctly last night - bet he didn't think he would score 10 in the 2nd inning of game one (when he lost Trout for 7), then hold on for an 11-10 win. Game two, my guys could only score on solo HRs - six of them. Game three was a 12-inning bummer (for me) ending with Farquar walking in the winning run. :evil:

Donaldson has hit 18 HRs in first 36 games (sat out 2 with an injury), but is only a couple ahead of Moustakas and Stanton - whew - HR Derby.

doug_tucker10

PostSat Jul 07, 2018 10:31 am

joethejet wrote:
Jeepdriver wrote:

LOL :lol:
Well, *you* might not be a psychic Jeep, but maybe I am:
Based on the past 15 games and the streak, you have to think I'll win the first one, lose the second and win the third

That's EXACTLY what happened!!! Pretty funny huh?

I like having the 5% cap on player moves all season long. I'm not looking to get crazy with making too many moves myself but I think it adds something to encourage team maneuvering as individual managers may so desire. Ive only made one move myself and so far it has worked out ok. Ive been tempted to make other moves especially with this sudden rash of somewhat lengthy injuries. The projected replacements are too awful in my opinion to consider replacing the walking wounded

Doug, you know we only have the 5% cap for the first 41 games right?

Speaking of injuries, we lost Trout again, this time for only 7 games. That means he'll miss 22 of the first 41 (plus part of the games he got injured in) :( Hopefully we're getting them out of the way, but a couple of short injuries would be nice. Oh and we lost Swarzak, my best RP, for 5 games in the same game. My team *should* be pretty good with injuries, but we've been hit pretty hard, 66 games which is 3 times two of the teams in my division and 7 times Big A. :shock: We're keeping afloat so far.

Joe, ok, i wasnt sure how far the 5% was in affect. Like the actual MLB i just like idea of having regular roster movement throughout the regular season.It might even be cool if we had a "minor league" for each team. For example, 5 non roster players for each team who could only be used by the team who drafted them.

joethejet

PostSun Jul 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Tough series last night without Trout and Swarzak. Lost 2 one run games and 2 runner. Gotta think we'd have won at least one of those games if those two had been available. Heck, if one of them would have been. :(

Oh well, such is SOM.

joethejet

PostTue Jul 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Oh man, I thought for sure I would win the first two last night and lose the third....

To Recap,
Lost 5
Won 5
Lost 3
Won 3
Lost 1
Won 1
Lost 4

Went into last night have won 2 in a row. Figured I would have a 4 game win streak BUT, we swept Jeep instead. Not complaining mind you ;) but just thought it was weird.

joethejet

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 1:19 am

Well, stretched the winning streak to seven before blowing a 3-0 lead going into the 8th in the final game.

Of course, I had done similar in game two overcoming a 5-0 deficit with 5 in the 8th and a game winning walkoff HR by Lind in the 9th. Interesting to note that McCann (only playing because Alfaro got hurt) missed a chance to win it the batter before (bphr 1-14) only to see Lind get the 1-14! Also interesting to note that Lind had been 0-8 on bphrs (again, home bp is 1-14 :shock: ) before getting two of them against Semper.

Semper tried to pull off a late game comeback in game 1 scoring 4 in the 9th, but with the tying run at second, Alexander struck out Puig to end the game for an 8-6 win.

FALCON29

NLD 48 - Now Panda-licious

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

The Lucky Pylons weren't so lucky last night. Got spanked bad by Jeep in game 47 losing 21-2 and giving up 26 hits and 10 walks. Also 5 unearned runs.

"Can't anybody here play this game?" -- Casey Stengel (1962)
Last edited by FALCON29 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat