I'm in - WOOO Whoooo, half the east is in already

ggyuppie

GG Daily Franchise Keeper League - CENTRAL IS LOADING

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 11:31 am

:)

jabuending

Re: GG Daily Franchise Keeper League Chat

PostWed Jul 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Seven teams yet to load - We missed the deadline - go to plan B and Bill loads on Friday night........

Central GMs - PLEASE load your team tonight or tomorrow, so that the West may load before the Friday deadline.

Thanks

PS If you don't remember which division you are in, I am posting them right here:

Central - Indians, Cubs (already in), Brewers, Pirates
West - Angels, Rockies, Astros, Dodgers

ggyuppie

UPDATE FROM THE COMMISSIONER

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 7:15 pm

As of the moment, 10 teams are loaded. Astros will load this evening. Dodgers will load after the cutoff Friday, or early Saturday, so I think the Frenzy will run at 11 PM Eastern SATURDAY NIGHT. At that point, free agent browsing within the league will be reflective of only protected franchise players and actual free agents. We will conduct our UFA draft beginning SUNDAY MORNING. Two rounds per day, on the clock. I will lay it out in this thread.

Remember, as you draft players on the discussion board, also go into your team in the league and add them to your roster, dropping franchise players as necessary to make room for them.

WILL THERE BE INTRIGUE?

Under the rules of the league, any trades which occur in time for Strat to update the player cards by THE FRIDAY before our season starts COULD impact ownership of UFA's. The most impactful possible UFA trade is undoubtedly Manny Machado. The rumors are swirling! But there's also talk about Jacob DeGrom, Brad Hand, and even my very own Kirby Yates.

Recapping the rule (applies before each season starts): If a FA gets traded in real life and Strat updates his card to reflect the new team by the Friday before our season starts, ownership may be affected. If the player gets traded to another non-league franchise, there's no impact. But if he gets traded to a league franchise, he goes immediately to that franchise, and no compensation is provided to the team losing him. Trades which occur after the Friday deadline have no impact on our league for the duration of each of our seasons.
Last edited by ggyuppie on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Baseball World

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 7:49 pm

I am in.

jmtosi

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 9:21 pm

GG if one of us loses a keeper due to a real life trade, I understand there is no compensation however are we still able to draft up to 26 to replace the lost person?
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

ggyuppie

PostThu Jul 12, 2018 11:47 pm

jmtosi wrote:GG if one of us loses a keeper due to a real life trade, I understand there is no compensation however are we still able to draft up to 26 to replace the lost person?

Absolutely, J.

jabuending

PostFri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Glenn:

Are you going to put a time table on this Sunday draft (and Monday and Tuesday)?

Just asking 'cause if it doesn't Frenzy until bedtime on Saturday, the first pickers might not have much time to decide Early Sunday, what with Sunrise Services OR running a 10K in the early morning breezes.

I'm not up 'til #9, and I already have my list ready, but ya might consider the early pickers.

Jeff

PS If any of you early pickers want to trade your spot to me for a couple later picks, just PM me and we can work out the details.

ggyuppie

GG Daily Franchise Keeper League - Season 18B FA Draft

PostSat Jul 14, 2018 12:57 pm

Rounds 1-2 of the draft begin Sunday 7/15 @ 2 PM Eastern - 20 minute clock. The deadline for your pick is shown. The deadline of the picker before you is the opening of your 20 minute window. As always, I suggest giving it a few minutes if the picker before you hasn’t picked. Use proxies if necessary, we are all connected by email, many by phone/text.

Draft order based upon Regular Season Record (Indians get pick in front of Angels, due to Head-to-Head record). Draft order is the same each round. We will draft two rounds per day.

Round 1 (one player per team - deadlines are Eastern time)

1. Mets (jmtosi) 2:00PM
2. Pirates (drtripleb) 2:20PM
3. Dodgers (rynecrazy) 2:40PM
4. Red Sox (RonMexico) 3:00PM
5. Astros (Mrbaseallworld) 3:20PM
6. Brewers (cwitkowski) 3:40PM
7. Cubs (BC15NY) 4:00PM
8. Rockies (zcn) 4:20PM
9. Yankees (jabuending) 4:40PM
10. Indians (killermarc) 5:00PM
11. Angels (dutchfarley) 5:20PM
12. Nationals (ggyuppie) 5:40PM

Round 2 (one player per team - deadlines are Eastern time)

1. Mets (jmtosi) 6:00PM
2. Pirates (drtripleb) 6:20PM
3. Dodgers (rynecrazy) 6:40PM
4. Red Sox (RonMexico) 7:00PM
5. Astros (Mrbaseallworld) 7:20PM
6. Brewers (cwitkowski) 7:40PM
7. Cubs (BC15NY) 8:00PM
8. Rockies (zcn) 8:20PM
9. Yankees (jabuending) 8:40PM
10. Indians (killermarc) 9:00PM
11. Angels (dutchfarley) 9:20PM
12. Nationals (ggyuppie) 9:40PM

FYI - Rounds 3-4 on Monday, and 5-6 on Tuesday, which are two players per pick, will start at 7 AM Eastern and be on a 30 minute clock. We will lay that out Sunday evening. Jmtosi you will be picking first, so your window to post really opens the night before, shortly after my picking deadline.

jmtosi

PostSun Jul 15, 2018 8:25 am

As I sit here contemplating drafting for need vs best player available....maybe someone will help me decide.
I'm open to trading the first pick of the draft if someone wants to trade up...let me know in next few hours.
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat