NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FALCON29

Re: NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 pm

joethejet wrote:Yes Semper is waiting on hawk or he would have already picked.

Why?

joethejet

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Why?

Well, we are assuming that Hawk has had something go wrong either in his personal life or with his electronics. So, we're cutting him some slack. Now, He's only missed out on three picks so far. I wouldn't be opposed to running to his next pick before pausing again, but that would be 22 more picks.

If the league wants to do that it would be consistent with past precedent.

I'm fine with taking a vote on it. It's certainly not just my call or Semper's call on this.

What do you guys think?

Jeepdriver

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:10 pm

You said it yourself, Hawk knows the drill. You don't check in you get skipped. I say keep the draft moving, and if it gets to him again, then we talk waiting on him.

And I don't agree with Semper making a decision to wait w/o even coming on here for discussions.

doug_tucker10

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:21 pm

I'd rather exercise Swiss neutrality on this one...id give it until the end of Sunday to consider the alternatives to Hawk no show. Its inconvenient for the league but not a threat to world peace.

Spider 67

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 3:34 pm

doug_tucker10 wrote:I'd rather exercise Swiss neutrality on this one...id give it until the end of Sunday to consider the alternatives to Hawk no show. Its inconvenient for the league but not a threat to world peace.

I'm with Doug on this one. If this were later in the draft, say round 12 or 13, I'd say go ahead. But, if something has happened to Hawk and we need a replacement, it would be a big disadvantage for a new owner. If we haven't heard anything by 10 AM Monday (three days without a peep), then we should try to find to find a replacement.

I've rescheduled my trip next week, so barring loss of power and cell phone access, I should be available until a trip on Friday.

milleram

PostSat Sep 15, 2018 6:25 pm

I think we should wait a while on Hawk too---I thought I had cut my auto draft off (since weekends have no clock) but screwed up somehow--it's off now.

joethejet

PostSun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 am

I'm not hard over either way. I believe, however, that Hawk has Jeep's phone number and could text and let us know what's up. Perhaps something very serious has happened so I also have no problem waiting this out. It is very unfortunate that we have had this break....

joethejet

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 12:31 am

No word from Hawk yet. Weird, that's a long time. I guess we'll see if he turns up tomorrow morning....

The clock will remain off until Hawk reappears or we come up with Plan B.

Jeepdriver

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 8:32 am

It is crazy indeed. Two NLDs in a row we have had a disappearance like this. We had two Owners quit or skip this round as well. Things aren't going our way around here. :?

joethejet

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 12:09 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:It is crazy indeed. Two NLDs in a row we have had a disappearance like this. We had two Owners quit or skip this round as well. Things aren't going our way around here. :?

Yeah, this is really unfortunate. Jeep I assume if you have a phone number for him, you have tried it. I'm just hoping it's not something super serious that has happened to him. I believe something serious did indeed happen with GB's family last time around

At what point do we look for a replacement?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat