NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jeepdriver

Re: NLD 49 - New and improved with "Louisana Lightning"!

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 2:05 pm

I don't have any contact info for Hawk. I "used to" but it was a long time ago & he doesn't have that number anymore.

Looks more and more like we should seek a replacement. A few people mentioned give him till Monday. I know it's a pain, someone taking over in the middle of a live draft and all.

Anyone know someone that might do it?

Jeepdriver

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 3:40 pm

Anybody else out there other than Joe and I?

Spider 67

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 4:12 pm

Since we haven't heard from Hawk, I think we should try to recruit a replacement owner. I'm OK with allowing a replacement to repick all of Nythawk's picks, if desired or to pick up where he departed the scene.

joethejet

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Spider, I would agree with you about finding someone to fill in. Not sure about repacking because other picks would be predicated on who Hawk picked. So, I don't think that's a good idea.

I guess we're back in search mode. If no one has any suggestions I suppose we can go to the boards....

Jeep, do you have anyone else in mind??

Spider 67

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 5:29 pm

I can send a message to other members of a 24-team league that Jeep, Falcon, milleram and I are in. I can list the players currently on the team (Bellinger, Dejong, Harper, Springer, Chad Green, Brandon McCarthy) and give a description of the league (stratdraft.com draft of 19 players plus a park then auto, 2017, 80 M, DH).

Let me know if you want me to do it. I could restrict the message to players with 100 or more seasons.

milleram

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 pm

If we have go with a sub, I know SteveF would be a good choice in that 24 team league---he plays so many leagues not only on-line, but keepers in CD-rom leagues he may be overloaded--wouldn't hurt to ask, but that's up to Jeep and others, I'm too new here to make those decisions-.

He's one reason I don't play ATG too much--he just dominates.

The other reason I don't play ATG is I'm too lazy to study up on that many players---20XX has enough players for me--I prefer just eyeballing the cards like I did when I was a kid, though I do count them (the OB, and OPS/108 stuff)--In ATM you just have to have some kind of spreadsheet/computer assistance to count that many cards for you.

Spider 67

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Steve F would be excellent.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Sorry for no comment on Hawk’s disappearance.

I’m concerned that a regular NLD competitor went MIA for this long. I hope Hawk is no dire situation and surfaces soon regardless of his league involvement.

I’m fine with SteveF and agree that the replacement owner can decide to keep or redraft.

The redraft won’t make a difference to my march for the fourth ring :D

Jeepdriver

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm cool with Steve or the 24 team league post. I've had a tiring day, the help is appreciated. :)

joethejet

PostMon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 pm

milleram wrote:If we have go with a sub, I know SteveF would be a good choice in that 24 team league---he plays so many leagues not only on-line, but keepers in CD-rom leagues he may be overloaded--wouldn't hurt to ask, but that's up to Jeep and others, I'm too new here to make those decisions-.

He's one reason I don't play ATG too much--he just dominates.

The other reason I don't play ATG is I'm too lazy to study up on that many players---20XX has enough players for me--I prefer just eyeballing the cards like I did when I was a kid, though I do count them (the OB, and OPS/108 stuff)--In ATM you just have to have some kind of spreadsheet/computer assistance to count that many cards for you.

Good to know that Steve does well in ATG, he uses my rating files! :lol:

Steve is a good guy for sure. However put it out to the whole league and see who's up for it.

Semper, I hear ya on Hawk, I just don't know how long we wait it out....
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat