D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Dr.Publix

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 1:33 am

Eddie E wrote:Paul,

I dont think I understand how this works. I cut Senzetela and Sadzeck and Calhoun. I promoted Adames, Acuna and Mejia. That leaves me with 5 prospects: Tatis, Florial, Harrison, Kopech and Sanchez. If I promoted prospects then they shouldnt count on both your 20 man and your 10 prospects, it should be one or the other. And if I cut someone they also shouldnt count as part of my roster.

Help me out with understanding how I have 11 prospects.

It’s the same principle that Paul explained before regarding regular players. It is confusing because there are two actions which seem like the same thing. Cutting someone means you’re planning to officially drop them at midnight on Sunday night but dropping them now means they are off your roster immediately. Prospect promotions don’t become official until that time as well. So at that time, you’ll be perfectly fine but right now everyone counts as a prospect so you still have 11 (the 5 you’re keeping as prospects, the 3 you’re promoting and the 3 you’re cutting.)

So I think that Cal is right that basically you need to designate 1 of your prospect cuts as an immediate drop (the one you’re least likely to trade or change your mind about). That guy will be off your roster now and the other 2 will be gone on Sunday night. It doesn’t change anything regarding your roster for once the draft starts.

At least that’s how I understand it. Correct me if I’m wrong, Paul

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 5:22 am

That still doesnt make any sense to me. If I cut Maeda to get down to 20 I cant keep him because he is a cut. I cut Sadzeck (I have to promote him as a 2017 prospect) also to get down to 20 so I cant keep him either. Yet Sadzeck is being counted against my total even though I listed him as a cut to stay under 20. If any prospect cuts or promotions dont take effect until March 11 it seems that would also be true for your regular players. One thing this method does is reward the guys who wait to the last minute to post their cuts while the others who are trying to get them done timely find themselves hampered by roster size restrictions or trades. If I had waited to post my cuts, I wouldnt have lost Maeda. We should rethink this.
Not whining, just pointing out something that we should fix. I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep Sanchez and lose Sadzeck, Calhoun or Senzetela to stay under my limit.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 am

This is definitely confusing. I only dropped Maeda because when I added my prospect promotions to my regular players after a trade, I had 21 players. If my prospects didnt count towards my 20 at that moment as everyone seems to be saying then I wouldnt have dropped Maeda.

Or maybe it is confusing because it is 430am eastern time and I cant sleep :?

Roscodog

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 9:14 am

3) Prospects can be activated and promoted to the major league roster during the regular season provided there is roster space available to do so. Players with a full 30 man roster cannot promote a prospect until there is room available to do so.

If this rules was applied to Ed’s situation then as soon as he had 30 man roster space after an uneven trade he can announce that a prospect is being promoted to the active roster thus avoiding having too many prospects.

Therefore instead of pulling Maeda back he could simply announce a prospect is being promoted to the active roster thus losing prospect status even if it take place before the final cuts.

Roscodog

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 am

Basically after the Muncy trade all he has to do is announce that Acuna is being promoted to active roster, this avoids having more than 11 prospects. Acuna then becomes a keeper as opposed to a prospect promotion. It ends up doing the same thing but avoids the rules contradictions.

Dr.Publix

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 10:06 am

Eddie E wrote:This is definitely confusing. I only dropped Maeda because when I added my prospect promotions to my regular players after a trade, I had 21 players. If my prospects didnt count towards my 20 at that moment as everyone seems to be saying then I wouldnt have dropped Maeda.

Or maybe it is confusing because it is 430am eastern time and I cant sleep :?

You actually dropped Maeda because you added Stroman, which gave you 31 players. It had nothing to do with your prospect promotions or other cuts. You hadn’t even announced them then. Prospects who you planned to promote (such as Acuna) still only counted as prospects, as they currently do. (Until tomorrow at midnight)

Currently you have 29 players on your roster and 11 prospects. You need to have 10 or less prospects so either drop 1 of the 11 (you’re planning on getting rid of 3 of them anyway so it doesn’t seem like a big deal to me to drop Sadzeck). You will have 29 players and 10 prospects. After the cuts become drops and the promotions take effect you will have 19 players and 5 prospects.

Or promote one of the 11 (such as Acuna) immediately as Rosco suggests. This also works because you’ll then have 30 players and 10 prospects. And then you’ll have 19 players and 5 prospects as of midnight tomorrow. If you want to have 20 players on your roster headed into the draft, you can call back one of your cuts. Just not Maeda because he was a drop and not a cut so he is not 1 of your current 29.

lev.cohen

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:07 am

Lev trades Cole Hamels to tcochran for Jean Segura.

Tcochran to confirm

tcochran

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:13 am

lev.cohen wrote:Lev trades Cole Hamels to tcochran for Jean Segura.

Tcochran to confirm

Confirmed

lev.cohen

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:15 am

Still on the block: Cron, Michael Taylor, draft picks, Wriggley Field

Looking for an SP and a change in ballpark.

Paul_Long71

PostSat Mar 09, 2019 11:32 am

Think of it this way. You haven't cut or promoted anyone until Sunday at midnight. So right now you have 11 prospects and one needs to be cut. All these lists that people are turning in don't take effect until Sunday at midnight. If you know you are going to cut a prospect at that time, then just tell me one name so I can cut him now to get you down to 10 prospects. This should be easy, just give me one guy you are going to cut anyway and I'll do that one guy right now.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat