seanreflex

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Turtle, I sent you a PM

seanreflex

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 1:49 pm

Hey Commish:

Reading through the rules multiple times, I'm not sure about something. During the draft, do I have to drop players on my roster if I want to draft a player that would put me over 30 players? Or is the "drop" period over as of last Sunday night?

Are we allowed to drop players at any other points in time during the season? PLAYER MOVEMENT RULE 3 says we can't promote a prospect until there is room to do so. If we can't drop players during the season how would we be able to make room?

Thx,

Sean

Paul_Long71

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 2:29 pm

drops had to already happen so no you cannot drop a player to get an extra draft pick. but...remember its a 24-team league...there isn't gonna be much left in round 10 and beyond.

seanreflex

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks, Paul.

One more question: so if a player is not carded by Strat for their 2018 stats because they only appeared in 3 MLB games, can they still be picked in the FA draft as long as they've played in MLB games, even though they are not carded for this season for us?

According to the rules, the above example can't be drafted in the prospect draft because they've played in MLB action.

Just wondering where those players fit in our league.

Thx,

Sean

fredpaii

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm

hveed, I sent you a PM.

calbatross

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 7:29 pm

seanreflex wrote:Thanks, Paul.

One more question: so if a player is not carded by Strat for their 2018 stats because they only appeared in 3 MLB games, can they still be picked in the FA draft as long as they've played in MLB games, even though they are not carded for this season for us?

According to the rules, the above example can't be drafted in the prospect draft because they've played in MLB action.

Thx,

Sean

Anyone with MLB experience is eligible for the FA draft. So, you could draft Derek Jeter if you wanted to.

fredpaii

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Trade Announcement:

fredpaii trades Luis Urias

to

hveed for Franchy Cordero

to be confirmed...

hveed

PostSun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 pm

fredpaii wrote:Trade Announcement:

fredpaii trades Luis Urias

to

hveed for Franchy Cordero

to be confirmed...

comfirmed

piloneus382

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 am

calbatross wrote:

Thx,

Sean

Anyone with MLB experience is eligible for the FA draft. So, you could draft Derek Jeter if you wanted to.

you just have to be able to meet the strat autodraft requirements.

Paul_Long71

PostMon Mar 18, 2019 9:02 am

Thx,

Sean

In the FA draft, any player that has appeared in at least 1 MLB game may be selected. So you could pick the above named example in the FA draft. and no, same guy could NOT be picked in the Prospect draft.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat