Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML)Chat_Sup. draft Cuts here

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

hk mossy

Re: Grumpy Old Men Keeper League (GOML) Chat

PostThu Mar 28, 2019 10:01 am

sociophil,

I sent you the share link to the google doc, which gives you editing privileges.

chasenally

PostThu Mar 28, 2019 9:47 pm

geekor wrote:I'm using my phone in vacation and I still can use search functionality. I think that's all you have to do.

But again I'm not doing spread sheet work on my phone to clean it up.

BTW. Who made an executive decision Last, First. Just saying I agree, but most entries are first last and that means a lot more work.

I have no idea what that is? Does it give you a list of all available players?
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

sociophil

PostThu Mar 28, 2019 10:08 pm

Thanks Jeff. I've updated the roster to reflect the first 4 rounds.

geekor

PostFri Mar 29, 2019 2:28 am

Y'all will wait 5 days for HKM. But not a few hours for me every time even though I asked already of time.

Next time I'm not holding up the draft for anyone.

sociophil

PostFri Mar 29, 2019 6:34 am

Where are you? You keep posting at 3am.

geekor

PostFri Mar 29, 2019 7:26 am

Italy until 4/2

Ninersphan

PostFri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 am

Just saw geekor list Felipe Vasquez as a potential pick. I printed this out earlier but he’s not available. He’s on hbeed’s roster as Felipe Rivero. He has changed his name. It needs to be updated on the roster.

sociophil

PostFri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 am

Just saw geekor list Felipe Vasquez as a potential pick. I printed this out earlier but he’s not available. He’s on hbeed’s roster as Felipe Rivero. He has changed his name. It needs to be updated on the roster.

Fixed

sociophil

PostSat Mar 30, 2019 12:09 am

I'm toying with the idea of creating a SOM keeper league with salary rules that model the financial aspects of managing a franchise, in addition to drafting the players and playing the games. Here are some rules I've come up with. I'd love to get your feedback and to hear if you think such a project would work.

sociophil

SALARY CAP AND CONTRACT RULES
1. Each franchise has to maintain a salary cap of $150 for all 40 carded players and 10 prospects on their roster. The salary cap will increase by $10 in each of the first five years of league operation, after which it will be permanently capped at $200.
2. Carded player salaries are determined at the time of their initial draft.
3. Prospects have an initial salary of $0.50 in year one, $1.00 in year two, and $2.00 if they are promoted to the 40 man roster as uncarded players.
4. An uncarded prospect on the 40 man roster has their salaries increased by $1.00 for each additional year they remain on the 40 man roster until they receive a card.
5. Uncarded prospects are considered to be under control of the owning franchise until they receive a card.
6. Once a prospect receives a card, the owner is afforded the opportunity to cut the prospect or sign the player to a contract at the carded price or their current salary, whichever is higher.
7. Carded players must be under contract to remain on a franchises 40 man roster. Teams may offer their carded players 1, 3, 5, or 10 year contracts.
a. One year contracts are priced at the draft years’ card price, after which the player becomes a free agent and reenters the upcoming years’ free agent draft.
b. Three year contracts are priced at the draft years’ card price, after the completion of three years term of service the player becomes a free agent and reenters the upcoming year’s free agent draft.
c. Five year contracts are priced at the draft years’ card price, after the completion of five years term of service the player becomes a free agent and reenters the upcoming year’s free agent draft.
d. Ten year contracts are priced at the draft years’ card price, after the completion of ten years term of service the player becomes a free agent and reenters the upcoming year’s free agent draft.
8. Players under continuing contracts will see their salaries increase by 5% for each year of their contract. For example, a team signs Mookie Betts to a ten year contract at $13.60 in year one. In year two Mookie Betts would cost $14.28 regardless of the SOM price of his card in 2019.
9. Every annual FA draft allows each franchise to designate one franchise player in which the carded price of the player is locked for the duration of the contracted period. For example, a team signs Mookie Betts to a 10 year contract and designates him their franchise player for that year. His salary will remain $13.60 throughout the ten years of his contract.
a. Uncarded prospects may not be designated as franchise players.
10. Players under contract can be cut from the 40 man roster before the end of their term of service, however their salary cost remains on the team payroll until the contract expires or the player is traded. Baseball salaries are guaranteed, after all.
11. Trades may include salary riders in which one team agrees to roster all or part of the traded player’s salary. For example, Team A trades Mookie Betts to team B but agrees to retain 50% of his salary cost for the duration of his contract.

chasenally

PostSat Mar 30, 2019 12:28 am

sociophil wrote:Just saw geekor list Felipe Vasquez as a potential pick. I printed this out earlier but he’s not available. He’s on hbeed’s roster as Felipe Rivero. He has changed his name. It needs to be updated on the roster.

Fixed
I want to draft Mike Stanton but I cant find him anywhere. Did they both get married?
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat