D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Paul_Long71

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 2:32 am

ok... i'll look into it.... yep. fixed it. I'll rework ours.

Paul_Long71

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:12 am

Paul trades John Grant and his 8th rd pick in 2020 FA draft to sean reflex for his 5th rd pick in 2020 FA draft

seanreflex

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:44 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:Paul trades John Grant and his 8th rd pick in 2020 FA draft to sean reflex for his 5th rd pick in 2020 FA draft

Confirmed. Will drop Jose Rondon to get to 30 players

seanreflex

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm

Adam Ottavino is available. 1.90 ERA, 88K in 66 IP

Starlin Castro and / or Aledmys Diaz also available.

Looking for 2020 FA picks in return.

Thx,

Sean

piloneus382

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 10:06 am

Between seasons last year it was discussed making a change to the Supplemental draft, should we vote on that at some point before the new seasons begin?

In order to make the main draft more meaningful only carded players may be drafted in the supplemental draft. The supplemental is designed to try and fix a hole for the 2nd season. By taking an uncarded player all teams are really doing is jumping ahead of the draft and taking potentially decent players. I usually do it myself but it doesn't seem to be what the draft is intended for.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 10:19 am

The current rule is that in order to be drafted in the supp. draft a player must have been available in that season's FA draft. Which means that a player must have played in a MLB game prior to the current season.

As it applies to this year. The 2020 FA draft will be coming up and any player who has played in an MLB game prior to 2020 is eligible to be selected. Then later this season, we will have a supp. draft in which that same condition must be met.

If I'm reading this correctly, Piloneus would like to change the rule so that the supp draft will be only for players who are carded in the current year. I still see the supp draft being mainly a grab for players having a hot year and aimed towards the next year's roster, but it does limit this a bit.

I will send out the rules proposal to be voted upon, but first.....are there any other rules proposals anyone would like to submit. If there are, I'd rather send a couple out together then constantly sending one after another.

piloneus382

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 10:22 am

Paul_Long71 wrote:The current rule is that in order to be drafted in the supp. draft a player must have been available in that season's FA draft. Which means that a player must have played in a MLB game prior to the current season.

As it applies to this year. The 2020 FA draft will be coming up and any player who has played in an MLB game prior to 2020 is eligible to be selected. Then later this season, we will have a supp. draft in which that same condition must be met.

If I'm reading this correctly, Piloneus would like to change the rule so that the supp draft will be only for players who are carded in the current year. I still see the supp draft being mainly a grab for players having a hot year and aimed towards the next year's roster, but it does limit this a bit.

I will send out the rules proposal to be voted upon, but first.....are there any other rules proposals anyone would like to submit. If there are, I'd rather send a couple out together then constantly sending one after another.

This is correct

piloneus382

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 am

It looks as if I have some OF to spare and could really use any type of pitching and/or a catcher.

draft/prospect picks can also be had.

Roscodog

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am

If anyone has roster space to carry a player this year I have a couple that may be of interest as bounce back candidates.

Betances -RP
Robertson-RP

I’ll be dropping them, so you could just draft them but if you want to ensure you get them they obviously come super cheap.

lev.cohen

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 1:02 pm

Lev trades Daniel Ponce De Leon and 4th round FA pick to Piloneus for his 2nd round FA pick

Piloneus to confirm.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat