1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mlbphan

Re: NAKL Chat:

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:29 pm

Just curious, did anyone have someone sniped before their pick? I had two. In Rd 3, Dave sniped Lamet, and in Rd 7 Bill sniped C. Smith. Good, speculative picks, if needs were already filled

Dave swiped Duvall in rd2 & if I hadn’t missed my time slot Lamet was the pick if Duvall was gone. So either way Lamet wasn’t making it to you bud. I basically got swiped twice in one round thanx to my work. Now that’s BAD!!

Ninersphan

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 pm

mlbphan wrote:
Just curious, did anyone have someone sniped before their pick? I had two. In Rd 3, Dave sniped Lamet, and in Rd 7 Bill sniped C. Smith. Good, speculative picks, if needs were already filled

Dave swiped Duvall in rd2 & if I hadn’t missed my time slot Lamet was the pick if Duvall was gone. So either way Lamet wasn’t making it to you bud. I basically got swiped twice in one round thanx to my work. Now that’s BAD!!

Yes the VERY first pick in the draft Myles Straw was the only position player I wanted, and I hadn’t seen go before the middle of the second round in any draft so far. He was the only guy that really got swiped. There were a few RP I would have liked better than ones I got but wasn’t really counting on any of them specifically.

Jerlins

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 pm

mlbphan wrote:

Damn work always gets in the way. If I ever win Powerball, I'll set up a day we can all meet and do the draft at some high end resort so no one has to deal with getting timed out.

Jerlins

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
mlbphan wrote:

Yes the VERY first pick in the draft Myles Straw was the only position player I wanted, and I hadn’t seen go before the middle of the second round in any draft so far. He was the only guy that really got swiped. There were a few RP I would have liked better than ones I got but wasn’t really counting on any of them specifically.

Well, you're the commish, you can take away Ryan's first pick on some technicality I'm sure.

Ninersphan

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:47 pm

Don’t think I’d be commish for long if I did. Glad to know I snagged someone else’s want though. I wish I had about 5 more picks. There are still a few spec picks id like. Of course the ways things are going we are going to be playing next year with this same set.

Jerlins

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Don’t think I’d be commish for long if I did. Glad to know I snagged someone else’s want though. I wish I had about 5 more picks. There are still a few spec picks id like. Of course the ways things are going we are going to be playing next year with this same set.

There's one more player I wanted, pure speculation mind you. Had my reasons for both Berti and Brebbia, but really should have chosen him over either of those two.

Jerlins

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Don’t think I’d be commish for long if I did. Glad to know I snagged someone else’s want though. I wish I had about 5 more picks. There are still a few spec picks id like. Of course the ways things are going we are going to be playing next year with this same set.

I was thinking that if we end up with no season, perhaps in 2021 we play the daily set. Something to think about at least

Ninersphan

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 11:07 pm

BTW. I’ll set up the league and prospect draft tomorrow. Bed time for bonzo, I’m considered an “essential” employee so I’m still going to work. Can’t really work from home with what I do.

Roscodog

PostWed Apr 08, 2020 11:40 pm

![/quote]

Yes the VERY first pick in the draft Myles Straw was the only position player I wanted, and I hadn’t seen go before the middle of the second round in any draft so far. He was the only guy that really got swiped. There were a few RP I would have liked better than ones I got but wasn’t really counting on any of them specifically.[/quote]

He seemed like the only worthwhile player to take first overall in this draft.
If it’s any consolation though I don’t think he makes my top 28.

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 09, 2020 8:41 am

It seemed like this year's FA draft was diluted early on, as we had a later than normal supplemental draft last year, and looking back at those picks, more or as expensive players were pick then compared to first few rounds of FA draft. I would think that a 1st FA pick is worth more than a 1st supplemental pick in general, but not necessarily this year. My belief in most keeper leagues, is that the supplemental draft is not to help in the current year but to taking some flyers on players for the following year. If that was/is the intent of the supplemental draft so be it, but if the intent is to help teams for season 2, I do see that happening consistently in most leagues.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat