tcochran

Re: Pre-Card Draft Keeper League

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 7:49 pm

tcochran trades Robinson Cano to timklucinec in exchange for Bo Bichette

Tim to confirm

Palmtana

PostSun Mar 28, 2021 8:52 pm

Wow. Out with the old and in with the new, eh Terry.

Palmtana

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 12:52 am

I can't shake this trade. Cano is suspended for 2021. His career is most likely over. For Bichette!?
Neither of them has value in the current season.

What is the rationale Terry?

Terry101

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 am

Palmtana wrote:I can't shake this trade. Cano is suspended for 2021. His career is most likely over. For Bichette!?

At the risk of judging (eye of the beholder thing) this trade just stands out...
Last edited by Terry101 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

tcochran

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 9:55 am

Palmtana wrote:I can't shake this trade. Cano is suspended for 2021. His career is most likely over. For Bichette!?

My rationale is obvious: Cano is a fine hitter in the 2020 card set, but that does nothing for me -- my team is not going anywhere. Bichette, on the other hand, may eventually live up to the hype and have long-term value.

I can't speak for Tim, but I expect he is trying to add a DH who can improve his team's run production.

jflatour99

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 11:22 am

tcochran wrote:

My rationale is obvious: Cano is a fine hitter in the 2020 card set, but that does nothing for me -- my team is not going anywhere. Bichette, on the other hand, may eventually live up to the hype and have long-term value.

I can't speak for Tim, but I expect he is trying to add a DH who can improve his team's run production.

We already saw that he can hit (Bo). For Strat-O, he'll have to get better defensive ratings to be usefull. But still, that's really well paid for an old Cano.
Last edited by jflatour99 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tcochran

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 12:57 pm

I told Tim I was interested in Bichette and asked what he wanted for him. He replied:

Hope all is well. Would you part with Brandon Lowe or Robinson Cano for Bichette?
Stay safe.

I said "yes" and posted the deal.

He has not confirmed yet -- and might recant after today's comments -- but that's how we got to this point.

tcochran

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 pm

tcochran wrote:tcochran trades Robinson Cano to timklucinec in exchange for Bo Bichette

Tim to confirm

Upon further review, Tim decided to cancel his offer. Stay tuned, more to follow...

timklucinec

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 pm

Terry,

Upon further Review, I must negate our Trade with Bichette for Cano. I didn't realize that Cano was suspended for 2021 & his age.. I was just looking for 2B with a good bat. Nate Lowe was my first choice. I apologize for not further researching the players which I generally do. This move to Omaha and trying to do upgrades in the house we bought has made me lose concentration on Strat. Again, I'm so sorry for not paying attention to details. I sent you a message on the game site about Lowe.

Tim

tcochran

PostMon Mar 29, 2021 4:01 pm

timklucinec wrote:Terry,

Upon further Review, I must negate our Trade with Bichette for Cano. I didn't realize that Cano was suspended for 2021 & his age.. I was just looking for 2B with a good bat. Nate Lowe was my first choice. I apologize for not further researching the players which I generally do. This move to Omaha and trying to do upgrades in the house we bought has made me lose concentration on Strat. Again, I'm so sorry for not paying attention to details. I sent you a message on the game site about Lowe.

Tim

Before people show concern that it would not be fair to trade Nate Lowe for Bichette, either, don't worry. I suggested to Tim that he probably meant Brandon Lowe, which he confirmed. Brandon's not available, though, so that's a dead end for now.

Anybody interested in Cano? Solid DH for the 2020 card set?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat