ANDY'S ALTERNATE HISTORY 13.0

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

CTStough

Re: ANDY'S ALTERNATE HISTORY 13.0

PostSat Jun 05, 2021 11:49 pm

It's so cool to watch a new batch of managers play in this league format.

These are the only type of leagues I play in now because they are so much fun (I don't think I've played a 'regular' team in over four years). I played in ALT seasons 3-12. Good luck to all of you.

RE: available free agents for season 2- just check the free agent list for season 1 and compare it to what is available for season 2 from your excel sheet. After season 1, this process is much easier as the free agent list will be much shorter.

Also, if any of you have any questions feel free to message me and I'll answer as best I can. (I've managed the Cards twice, the Braves, Dodgers, Tigers, Indians, Pirates, Cubs, the A's after season 7, and am currently piloting the White Sox [no luck drafting the Red Sox, or Yankees or Giants], as well as the Reds in the Golden Age league and the Orioles in the Expansion league. Each franchise poses different challenges)

1 more thing. Scarcity of RP's is a big issue after season 1 and through about season 4. So make sure you acquire 3 via trade or draft.

caimrisek

PostSun Jun 06, 2021 12:25 pm

So...we do publish a list of our keepers at the end of each season or are those players, who have eligibility, just assumed to be retained by their team(s)...?

centerfielder17

PostSun Jun 06, 2021 2:29 pm

They are assumed to be retained by their teams. No list is published. After the draft, you can see if anyone was not picked up by their team from the prior season and put them on your waiver list.

barterer2002

PostMon Jun 07, 2021 11:38 am

Andy I was going back and looking at some of the earlier leagues just to see how it went. Fairly helpful in understanding some things I didn’t have down in my head. I couldn’t find a few of them though. We’re they possibly named differently. I’m looking for leagues 3, 5, 8 and 10. I found all the others And it’s possible I just missed them.

andycummings65

PostMon Jun 07, 2021 1:47 pm

barterer2002 wrote:Andy I was going back and looking at some of the earlier leagues just to see how it went. Fairly helpful in understanding some things I didn’t have down in my head. I couldn’t find a few of them though. We’re they possibly named differently. I’m looking for leagues 3, 5, 8 and 10. I found all the others And it’s possible I just missed them.

Some could be titled ANDY'S ALT HISTORY, possibly. They're all there, just have to search the last 12 or so pages to find them.

barterer2002

PostMon Jun 07, 2021 8:40 pm

So the next question. Let’s suppose I have 14 players carrying forward I get one franchise keep and we draft 6 players. That brings me to 21. Do I fill out my roster from the rest of the talent pool then? I’m assuming that’s the case but thought I’d double check.

Hamilton17

PostMon Jun 07, 2021 8:43 pm

barterer2002 wrote:So the next question. Let’s suppose I have 14 players carrying forward I get one franchise keep and we draft 6 players. That brings me to 21. Do I fill out my roster from the rest of the talent pool then? I’m assuming that’s the case but thought I’d double check.

Yes. That's correct.

barterer2002

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 4:55 pm

We can trade draft picks during the off-season. Can we trade our franchise protect so another team could use it for one of their players?

Hamilton17

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 5:33 pm

barterer2002 wrote:We can trade draft picks during the off-season. Can we trade our franchise protect so another team could use it for one of their players?

I think I asked this one already. :)

The answer was; you can draft one of your players from your list and then trade them to the other team, but you can't trade your franchise keeper so that another team gets multiple franchise keepers.

andycummings65

PostFri Jun 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Hamilton17 wrote:
barterer2002 wrote:We can trade draft picks during the off-season. Can we trade our franchise protect so another team could use it for one of their players?

I think I asked this one already. :)

The answer was; you can draft one of your players from your list and then trade them to the other team, but you can't trade your franchise keeper so that another team gets multiple franchise keepers.

Right. Everyone has to make a Franchise Pick, even in lean years. Once you make your Franchise Pick, you can trade THAT PLAYER, but you cant trade the pick before hand.

Also, on the rare occasion that a team doesn't have ANYONE to make their Franchise Pick, that Franchise gets a Supplemental Pick between Rounds 1 and 2 of the Rookie Draft. This hardly ever happens, especially with the new cards that are being added. Just want you to know if it ever comes up.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat