The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mlbphan

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 3:59 pm

Being a guilty party here, I perhaps shouldn't weigh in, but I will.

As a former commissioner, this hasn't been a recurring major issue for this league. An untimed start allows for managers (particularly those who are in multiple drafts) to effectively say "I'm aware this draft started". Is it annoying to wait with for picks to be made? Yes. Is it unfair to keep everyone waiting when you know the draft is happening? Yes. Should we all be ready to fire when the draft starts? Absolutely.

But, it's not such a big deal to me to start the draft in earnest next week versus last. I hope my approach was considerate at least (posting that I wouldn't pick until the following morning; I was effectively on the clock -- assuming 10-10 about three hours in total). For me personally I had a medical issue and work deadline hit right before I needed make a pick that made it difficult to spend the time to be ready by the get go.
:shock: :D
It's frustrating that an owner drops completely off like this, and Meporioles02 making the last drops then not posting to the forum is odd. But, if there's a reason, I'd prefer to at least for a sane amount of time give the benefit of the doubt, rather than plow ahead. We should perhaps evaluate whether an owner is a consistent violator of league norms, and gauge whether to ask them to leave. I'm not there yet in this case. If we had a first round clock, I'd advocate for something long like 24 hours, and in future rounds one hour slots.

I tend to agree with Grant on this. I don’t know Meporioles02 at all but willing to give him a mulligan on this. We honestly don’t know what might be going on in his life outside of STRAT (especially as we’ve seen life upended for all of us over the last few years).

I also could understand the merits of going to a rd1 clock of some sort in the future.

lastly to interject some humor here………I personally am getting a little sick of seeing the last pick as mine being Patrick Wisdom ALL WEEKEND after knowing I paid thru the nose to get this one year wonder on my team
:lol: :shock: :D

The fact of the first round being timed is my request
The amount of hours allowed is not as important to me as the fact of a timed pick.

:D And I may be 68, but I've been online since there were just message boards. It is cell service that concerns me.

of course now that we’ve all been made aware of your particular upcoming situation I don’t think anyone is gonna be upset if we’re all sitting on your pick. we all know that you’re gonna be away with spotty or no internet, Wi-Fi or cellular service.
Last edited by mlbphan on Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seanreflex

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:07 pm

speak for yourself, Rick! I'll be upset! Bastard Zizka is sitting in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean drinking umbrella drinks in 80 degree weather while I'm fretting on how long I have to wait to make a decision between Alex Avila or Alex Jackson!! :D :lol: ;)

mlbphan

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:12 pm

speak for yourself, Rick! I'll be upset! Bastard Zizka is sitting in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean drinking umbrella drinks in 80 degree weather while I'm fretting on how long I have to wait to make a decision between Alex Avila or Alex Jackson!! :D :lol: ;)

very good points Sean. you’re right Zizka can kiss our proverbial A$$E$

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Zizka

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:26 pm

mlbphan wrote:

very good points Sean. you’re right Zizka can kiss our proverbial A$$E$

:lol: Per the standings last year, that's exactly what looks like up from here. :D

seanreflex

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:54 pm

Zizka

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 11:27 am

Kidding aside, though, I would like to put forth the idea of a timed first round. It doesn't have to be a small window, but it should be something, I believe. Not for people going to have umbrella drinks and jerk chicken who are poor but retired, like me, but for the sake of functionality and order.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I'm still a newbie in the league (though getting my head kicked in all last summer should qualify me for sympathy votes), but I feel it would be something to consider.

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:34 pm

seanreflex trades 2022 7th Rd FA pick

to the turtle for:

Dylan Floro RP

Also, I am always for a clock even if it means I get skipped a little bit.

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:41 pm

Also I got Covid with some pretty pad symptoms and I am still here picking and trading, lol. No excuses.

Also don't let your guard down now, mask up if you can. I am vaxxed and boosted and was masking for 2 years and was living my life free and easy. I let my guard down at a big event I went to and got it. Symptoms vary for everyone, of course, but this is worse than the flu for me. Not hospital time. But, man, yesterday I did think I might have to got the ER for a hot minute.

Rant

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:50 pm

The Turtle wrote:Also I got Covid with some pretty pad symptoms and I am still here picking and trading, lol. No excuses.

Also don't let your guard down now, mask up if you can. I am vaxxed and boosted and was masking for 2 years and was living my life free and easy. I let my guard down at a big event I went to and got it. Symptoms vary for everyone, of course, but this is worse than the flu for me. Not hospital time. But, man, yesterday I did think I might have to got the ER for a hot minute.

Get better soon, brother.

ed1447

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

Rant wrote:
The Turtle wrote:Also I got Covid with some pretty pad symptoms and I am still here picking and trading, lol. No excuses.

Get better soon, brother.

Agree, get well soon.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat