The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Asherdad

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:57 pm

Yes Turtle, take care and prayers for a quick healing

AS far as the discussion goes, everyone has a good point here. We want to be sympathetic for real life, especially with the first round pick which often is our only significant pick. At the same time having a time limit will bring some structure. That said, may I suggest a 24 hour time limit on the first pick. In general, we are making our picks every 1 to 3 hours which is reasonable. If someone gets tied up, they know they have 24 hours to address it and make the pick. This may not make the first round much faster but everyone will know that if someone is not able to make a pick when the next pick will be made.

seanreflex

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 2:02 pm

The Turtle wrote:seanreflex trades 2022 7th Rd FA pick

to the turtle for:

Dylan Floro RP

Also, I am always for a clock even if it means I get skipped a little bit.

TRADE CONFIRMED - SPM

Feel better, Turtle. I'm sorry you're sick. Glad you were vaxxed and boosted!

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 2:15 pm

seanreflex wrote:
The Turtle wrote:seanreflex trades 2022 7th Rd FA pick

to the turtle for:

Dylan Floro RP

Also, I am always for a clock even if it means I get skipped a little bit.

TRADE CONFIRMED - SPM

Feel better, Turtle. I'm sorry you're sick. Glad you were vaxxed and boosted!

yeah, I had cancer and lost my kidney. So, I knew I would have a bad reaction if I got it. If not vaxxed and boosted? WHo knows. Was not worth the risk. I figured I've been injected with poison (Chemo). So a little vaxx ain't going to bother me, lol. I'm only 42 btw for those wondering since I have the bad the Covid symptoms.

At least the show I went to (AEW) was really good. Great wrestling show. Way better in person than WWE.

Roscodog

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 2:24 pm

Hopefully back to feeling better soon.

mlbphan

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 2:25 pm

Also I got Covid with some pretty pad symptoms and I am still here picking and trading, lol. No excuses.

Also don't let your guard down now, mask up if you can. I am vaxxed and boosted and was masking for 2 years and was living my life free and easy. I let my guard down at a big event I went to and got it. Symptoms vary for everyone, of course, but this is worse than the flu for me. Not hospital time. But, man, yesterday I did think I might have to got the ER for a hot minute.

Turtle same thing happened to me in January. Vaxed, boosted, masked up for two years & let my guard down. dropped the mask down at work & it hit me hard. my breathing dropped real low & thought I was gonna have to go to the ER. dropped 15 lbs in one week (silver lining…….I NEEDED to anyway) & lost taste/smell for over a month. had the post COVID hangover for about 2 months. doctor told me later I didn’t even have the one going around at that time (omicron). I ended up with the more severe one (delta).

if that’s what it does to you when vaxed & boosted then I guess I would’ve been on a ventilator knocking for the grim reaper without them.

hey but you’ll be swimming in antibodies once it’s over bud. hang in there & get plenty of rest.

take care
Rick
mlbphan

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 2:39 pm

mlbphan wrote:
Also I got Covid with some pretty pad symptoms and I am still here picking and trading, lol. No excuses.

Also don't let your guard down now, mask up if you can. I am vaxxed and boosted and was masking for 2 years and was living my life free and easy. I let my guard down at a big event I went to and got it. Symptoms vary for everyone, of course, but this is worse than the flu for me. Not hospital time. But, man, yesterday I did think I might have to got the ER for a hot minute.

Turtle same thing happened to me in January. Vaxed, boosted, masked up for two years & let my guard down. dropped the mask down at work & it hit me hard. my breathing dropped real low & thought I was gonna have to go to the ER. dropped 15 lbs in one week (silver lining…….I NEEDED to anyway) & lost taste/smell for over a month. had the post COVID hangover for about 2 months. doctor told me later I didn’t even have the one going around at that time (omicron). I ended up with the more severe one (delta).

if that’s what it does to you when vaxed & boosted then I guess I would’ve been on a ventilator knocking for the grim reaper without them.

hey but you’ll be swimming in antibodies once it’s over bud. hang in there & get plenty of rest.

take care
Rick
mlbphan

Thanks man, looks like I have one of the omicrons. Delta was way worse. I think that is why so many have let their guards down. This is a bad flu now. Which, actually, is really good. Hope it stays this way.

Anyway, if I miss a pick in any of my leagues, someone sned me a PM. I am probably just sleeping, lol

Zizka

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 3:03 pm

Asherdad wrote:Yes Turtle, take care and prayers for a quick healing

AS far as the discussion goes, everyone has a good point here. We want to be sympathetic for real life, especially with the first round pick which often is our only significant pick. At the same time having a time limit will bring some structure. That said, may I suggest a 24 hour time limit on the first pick. In general, we are making our picks every 1 to 3 hours which is reasonable. If someone gets tied up, they know they have 24 hours to address it and make the pick. This may not make the first round much faster but everyone will know that if someone is not able to make a pick when the next pick will be made.

Stay strong Mr Turtle. I've had to get the second booster because of my condition as well. I'm falling apart. Hopes for your quick recovery.

Asherdad's idea is a good one. Like I said, it didn't matter to me what the limit was, just so we knew there was one. I think it will be more efficient and much less maddening.

dc irish

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 7:48 pm

So being in multiple leagues, this issue isn't about one owner. It happens a lot. A 24 hour time limit doesn't do anything other than provide cover for some people that aren't timely. I would rather have no limit than 24 hours.

It should be a 1 hour time limit or none in my opinion. If someone isn't timely, then all we are debating is how long everyone else has to wait for that person. It could be 15 minutes or 5 hours, the fact is every second over that is a crunch on the other 23 owners in the league. I was late today making my pick because I stopped checking yesterday, I can only hit refresh so many times :)

And this isn't about one owner, so, like with most rule changes, it shouldn't be based on one example that is in recent memory but about how it should be in future cases. I've dealt with Meporioles a lot, incredibly nice guy, and I'm sure he had stuff going on... so it's not about him, it's about moving forward. And he didn't do anything wrong, there is no timed first round, so his pick was within the existing rules. So keep that in mind if I get harsh, because it's about looking ahead, not dumping on a good guy who's fun to play with.

The argument I hear all the time on this issue, and which was already made, was "It's only Strat". That's right, it is. So if someone misses out on a pick and gets moved down the list for not being timely, then that should be fine, because "it's only Strat". Not sure how this reasoning gets turned around all the time to justify the lateness of a pick and holding up a league. What's not "only Strat" is all of our lives and the other shit I am sure all of us balance and take care of in addition to our little fun baseball teams. I have work obligations that interfere with these drafts all over the place, but take the time to either text someone during them, send someone my proxy picks, or come home to see I got passed over and get pissed ONLY AT MYSELF for missing something. There are SO many options on how to cover your bases on this stuff. And if being timely isn't a big thing for you and your not super excited anticipating your next pick, then I imagine getting bumped down 10 picks isn't a big deal either. Unless you're a hypocrite.

The two things that make Strat keeper leagues fun are the drafts and trades. Half of my leagues don't even respond to trade offer and the drafts run into these roadblocks A LOT. So others enjoyment suffers as well because I am fairly certain I'm not unique in these observations.

So 1 hour time limits... And sorry for rambling.

And Turtle please get better.

dc irish

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 7:59 pm

On a separate note I may be willing to trade down from the #3 pick in the second round to later in the round plus considerations, FA pool is getting pretty light pretty quick, so PM me if interested with an offer. Thanks!

UPDATE: TRADE MADE DISREGARD
Last edited by dc irish on Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calbatross

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 9:11 pm

Pick times have been posted for Tuesday.

Hang in there Nick!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat