FOWL Chat/Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

NMILSTEIN

Re: FOWL Chat/Trades

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 12:00 pm

I vote no on the proposal. It's just passing on whatever unfairness occurred to someone else next season.

In MLB when you lose a player or fail to sign a draft pick you get a sandwich pick as compensation and I think that is best solution.

klx22

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 12:51 pm

seanreflex wrote:Clearly Rick got hurt in this situation, and there’s nobody at fault here.

My proposal would be, in addition to the pick Rick just made in good faith of Paul Sewald to keep things moving, I think Rick should get the # 1 overall FA pick next year as well, regardless of where his team finishes, and then he should also get his appropriate 1st round pick based on where he finishes in the league this year.

So effectively it would be a 13 player 1st round next year - Rick gets 1st pick, then the regular draft commences with the order of finish determining draft position.

Thoughts?

So we have 4 votes for, one vote against, & one with an alt. idea. Being Rick & Bob will not be voting on this, 2 more for will equal a majority. Please weigh in so we can put to rest & move on.

dharmabums

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 1:06 pm

I'm fine with the proposal

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 1:09 pm

I am fine with the new proposal
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

seanreflex

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 1:20 pm

I think that makes 6 yea's, 1 nay. That's a majority. So we can ask commish to amend next year's draft board to have a "golden ticket" at the top.

Neil, I don't know what a "sandwich" pick is. And what happened here isn't the same as losing a player or failing to sign a draft pick. It was the # 1 pick in the draft, being marked as "available" being selected and not finding out until 4 rounds later that wasn't the case.

Next year, whoever picks # 2 isn't going to be harmed anywhere near to the depth that mlbphan was harmed here. This is being done in the spirit of fairness and righting a situation that was beyond anyone's control.

Bob - I think we have this settled. Hope your bride is on the mend.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 1:43 pm

seanreflex wrote:I think that makes 6 yea's, 1 nay. That's a majority. So we can ask commish to amend next year's draft board to have a "golden ticket" at the top.

Neil, I don't know what a "sandwich" pick is. And what happened here isn't the same as losing a player or failing to sign a draft pick. It was the # 1 pick in the draft, being marked as "available" being selected and not finding out until 4 rounds later that wasn't the case.

Next year, whoever picks # 2 isn't going to be harmed anywhere near to the depth that mlbphan was harmed here. This is being done in the spirit of fairness and righting a situation that was beyond anyone's control.

good thoughts sean...
perspective is nice.....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

bigmahon

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 2:05 pm

Nice work Sean.

mlbphan

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 2:50 pm

don't worry about this, it's just not that important.

just like it wasn’t important to you Neil that you knowingly traded me a prospect in another league that you didn’t have but was mistakenly showing on your roster. Bob was left to clean up that mess recently in GMKL. I want the rest of this league to see where your thought process is coming from.

Unread postTue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 am
I vote no on the proposal. It's just passing on whatever unfairness occurred to someone else next season.

In MLB when you lose a player or fail to sign a draft pick you get a sandwich pick as compensation and I think that is best solution.

you Neil, probably would’ve been better off keeping your thoughts to yourself on this since your little transgression is so fresh with me in GMKL.

this is also my public service announcement to the rest of this league when it comes to dealing with Neil. make sure he actually “HAS” whatever he’s trading you.
Last edited by mlbphan on Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlbphan

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 3:08 pm

I think that makes 6 yea's, 1 nay. That's a majority. So we can ask commish to amend next year's draft board to have a "golden ticket" at the top.

thank you so very much Sean for your tireless work here & your very innovative idea/solution to remedy this.
you’re a wonderful person.

thank you also to those that voted on this resolution. it does not go unnoticed & I appreciate the passion on my behalf. last night when this all went down I had just got in from a long day at work & was dealing with my wife & child both home & very sick (thankfully not COVID). so a long day turned into a long night with not much sleep & back today running another train from NY back up to Boston. I’m actually addressing you guys on my layover here in Boston before I get ready to run another train back to NYC.

to Bob,

I was obviously pretty upset but I also understand the stress of taking care of those we love at home. Life always comes before STRAT & I totally get that.

I think what I was more upset about was that it was such a “high profile” pick & that it took 4 rounds into the draft to realize what happened. It left me with not much to replace him with at that point.

The league has really stepped up (Richard, Keith, Mike, bigmahon & dharmabums) & especially you Sean & once again I thank you all.

good luck to everyone thru the rest of the drafts & this upcoming fowl league season/year.

all the best
Rick
mlbphan

bigmahon

PostTue Mar 29, 2022 3:15 pm

Hi Rick,

I’m glad it worked out. We should all help each other. It’s fun to compete, but more enjoyable when you compete with friends.

Enjoy Boston. Go Celtics!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat