J. Posda
V. Guerrero
L. Hernandez
B. Inge
A. Kearns

JerseyStrats

Re: "GLORY DAYS" LEAGUE

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 5:25 pm

I want everyone to know that I wont be accepting the team because I wasn’t aware of the preparation time I would need and don’t think I can be prepared in time to be competitive. I love the idea of this league and will likely regret passing on this opportunity.
Good luck to you all.
Ed
Ed of New Jersey

tcochran

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm

epf051580 wrote:I want everyone to know that I wont be accepting the team because I wasn’t aware of the preparation time I would need and don’t think I can be prepared in time to be competitive. I love the idea of this league and will likely regret passing on this opportunity.
Good luck to you all.
Ed

Well, I'm sorry to hear that! For what it's worth, the 2011 draft probably will not start for another week yet.

Anyhow, we're back to looking for someone to draft Trout with that #1 pick. Everybody, please reach out to all of your friends and relations and see if we can find one more manager...

dharmabums

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:12 pm

tcochran wrote:
epf051580 wrote:I want everyone to know that I wont be accepting the team because I wasn’t aware of the preparation time I would need and don’t think I can be prepared in time to be competitive. I love the idea of this league and will likely regret passing on this opportunity.
Good luck to you all.
Ed

Well, I'm sorry to hear that! For what it's worth, the 2011 draft probably will not start for another week yet.

Anyhow, we're back to looking for someone to draft Trout with that #1 pick. Everybody, please reach out to all of your friends and relations and see if we can find one more manager...

Commish, just sent you a PM about maybe delaying the draft start until early next month. It might be that long anyway with waiting for drops to fully happen anyway.

tcochran

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:16 pm

Wow, Mark (dharmabums) is going to be totally offline from April 25 to May 5. We will obviously not finish the draft before he leaves on his trip, so it looks like May 6 is the target start date.

I'll see if Ed might stay on, if he could be "ready" by then...

JerseyStrats

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 6:50 pm

I just exchanged email with Terry and this delay will give me adequate time to set up my team. That being said I will retain my team. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience but I want to be competitive for the league’s sake.
Ed of New Jersey

centerfielder17

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 7:03 pm

epf051580 wrote:I just exchanged email with Terry and this delay will give me adequate time to set up my team. That being said I will retain my team. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience but I want to be competitive for the league’s sake.

From my personal experience, it was fun not being competitive, just not as much....

tcochran

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 7:36 pm

epf051580 wrote:I just exchanged email with Terry and this delay will give me adequate time to set up my team. That being said I will retain my team. Sorry if I caused any inconvenience but I want to be competitive for the league’s sake.

All righty then!

dharmabums

PostFri Apr 15, 2022 7:59 pm

tcochran wrote:Wow, Mark (dharmabums) is going to be totally offline from April 25 to May 5. We will obviously not finish the draft before he leaves on his trip, so it looks like May 6 is the target start date.

I'll see if Ed might stay on, if he could be "ready" by then...

Thanks Terry. And thanks everyone for working with me on this. It's a once-in-a-lifetime trip -- rafting on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. There is no internet or cell service for the entire trip. But I'm okay with that. :lol:

paul j kiggins

PostSat Apr 16, 2022 5:35 pm

enjoy your trip....
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat