GOML New Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GOML New Chat Thread

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 10:11 pm

unctarheel wrote:How do we know when our prospects where drafted?

I'll be honest with you too, the previous commissioners ran things kind of loosely, so there may be prospects from more than two years ago. I'll go through them and let everyone know how may they have to promote.

unctarheel

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 10:44 pm

Based upon the results of the 2022 prospect draft, it appears that we are allowed (a) to trade prospect picks and (b) we can accumulate more than 3 prospect picks via trade. Correct?

lakeviewdave

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 10:47 pm

Updated list of availables, PM me if interested
CF Mike Trout $9.00
SS/OF Fernando Tatis
DH Eloy Jimenez $3.00
SS JP Crawford $3.24
1B Matt Olson $7.14
SPs Tyler Anderson $5.67, Tony Gonsolin $7.63, Framber Valdez $4.77, Ethan Small

Probably a few others would deal, just a few untouchables, looking for youth (players, prospect, picks) primarily

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 11:03 pm

unctarheel wrote:Based upon the results of the 2022 prospect draft, it appears that we are allowed (a) to trade prospect picks and (b) we can accumulate more than 3 prospect picks via trade. Correct?

You can't have more than ten on your roster and I'm vehemently opposed to someone cutting players during a draft to accommodate draft picks. What I mean is, let's say you have 7 prospects and then acquire and extra prospect pick during the draft. I'm not letting you cut a prospect during that draft to make your new pick fit.

Other than that scenario, you can acquire as many prospect picks as you have slots up to 10.

Looking at your propsect you have 4 that should have already been promoted or dropped:

2019- Devi Garcia

2020 - Luis Patino
Andy Young
Luis Garcia

and 3 that need to be promoted this year:

Corbin Carrol (you're going to WANT to promote him)
Gregory Santos
Rodolfo Castro

That will leave you with two prospects and 8 slots, unless you're planning on hell of a fire sale, I'd bet you won't get 6 prospect picks.

chasenally

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 11:23 pm

Prospects Diego Cartaya C and Vidal Brujan were drafted in 2019. Cartaya should be on my roster not Steve's. The problem here is that both have been sitting on my prospect list for 3 years. You make the call and tell me if I just toss them back into the pool or make a decision if I want to keep them or not. I really don't care. Kirby drafted in 2020 was traded to lakeview for Mitchell Garrett who was picked in 2021 and Kirby will need to be promoted or dropped by lakeview. I also drafted Lynch but he isn't on my roster now. Don't know what happened there but I also don't care about that one either.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 11:32 pm

I’m hitting the sack so I’ll look at it more closely tomorrow and see how far this problem goes and put it to a league vote.
I was worried the laz-a-ffaire over sight in this league would get to be a problem.

My initial gut reaction is everyone that hasn’t been printed by now that should have been is cut and sent back to the pool but like I said I’ll look at it tomorrow night and see how bad it is.

chasenally

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 11:43 pm

That leaves me with Woods Richardson, Ivan Herrara and Darius Valdz drafted in 2021 and Eury Perez and Taj Bradley drafted in 2022. Rutschman and Henderson will be promoted. Found Lynch and he will need to be dropped or promoted this year as he was drafted in 2020

chasenally

Last edited by chasenally on Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chasenally

lakeviewdave

PostMon Mar 13, 2023 11:55 pm

Could just have everyone either promote or drop those prospects that were drafted prior to last year. Those drafted last year would have to be promoted either this year or next (2 years). No idea why rules were not enforced last year when some of the prospects drafted in 2020 should have been promoted or released, some like Riley Greene, Jasson Dominguez, George Kirby, Andrew Vaughn, etc). I was not in this league last year, so no idea why this was not sorted out then.

I traded for Kirby and A.Vaughn soon after joining league and still showed as prospects, if your wanting to drop all prospects prior to 2021, that would be a tough sell now, as these trades would not have been made.

I would not be in favor of just dropping those prospects that were drafted prior to 2021. I would be in favor of having all prospects drafted prior to 2022 to be promoted or dropped this year, and then everyone knows that there is a 2 year limit and will be enforced (as it seems like this was not enforced before).

Just my thoughts on this.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat