Moneyball Baseball League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

teamnasty

Re: Moneyball Baseball League Chat

PostSat Feb 25, 2023 6:57 pm

Does anyone know where we can find the page listing last year’s contract extension dollar figures per position for the 4 (50%) and 5+ (top 25%) year deals for Arb guys

sociophil

paul j kiggins

PostMon Feb 27, 2023 12:33 pm

If anyone needs a CF under control for 2 more years id make a trade
I dont need Myles Straw any more with Julio Rodríguez playing CF.
Current Status: ARB2 and his salary last year was 3,760,000

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/94367/9922/1/9922

Paul

teamnasty

PostSat Mar 04, 2023 10:34 pm

On the overall 2022 roster page that lists all 12 teams, Hunter Brown should be moved from hitting prospect to pitching prospect on GG's list.

teamnasty

PostSun Mar 05, 2023 12:15 pm

And old and my ballparks need to be changed.

ggyuppie

PostSun Mar 05, 2023 2:58 pm

Hey Guys, if you like the prospective nature of this league, and you haven’t tried the Daily Game, or if you have played the Daily Game and like it, I have an opening in what I think is the longest running league using that set. Here’s a link to the ad I just posted.

If you have interest, or have any questions about it, shoot me a text (818) 426-9626.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=652521

What I like about this format:

The draft/preseason activities are fun
Having just the cards of one franchise plus 26 players makes the ongoing scouting of player cards more manageable.
Being involved in a league like this increases my interest level in MLB on a day to day basis.
I have managed a team around the Washington Nationals since we started the league five years ago. I was not a Nats fan, but I became one. 2019 was pretty awesome! But as they say, all things must pass, and the state of the Nationals franchise, and the structure of our league, means I’ll be moving on to another team this year.

madal

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 9:45 am

By my unofficial math, just 1 cap casualty. A couple other close ones though.

teamnasty

PostTue Mar 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Hi guys. As we await Phil's announcement of the 4 and 5 year extension minimums per position before making contract extension decisions, I wanted to propose a rule change. Prospective only, to go into effect if passed next year after we finish this year's two "2022" seasons.

My proposal is to lift the cap of 10 maximum prospects per team and allow teams to carry as many as they want as long as (1) they pay the 500k salary and (2) they must decide to cut or promote the prospect after the 3 years have passed. This would allow teams to engage in more aggressive rebuild strategies at trade deadlines, and would promote then for now trades. to the extent we are trying to mimic real life with our "Moneyball" concept, this would allow us to better do so. If one team is a good enough negotiator to convince other owners to empty their farm systems or deal their upcoming picks, more power to them I say.

sociophil

PostThu Mar 16, 2023 1:22 pm

My proposal is to lift the cap of 10 maximum prospects per team and allow teams to carry as many as they want as long as (1) they pay the 500k salary and (2) they must decide to cut or promote the prospect after the 3 years have passed. This would allow teams to engage in more aggressive rebuild strategies at trade deadlines, and would promote then for now trades. to the extent we are trying to mimic real life with our "Moneyball" concept, this would allow us to better do so. If one team is a good enough negotiator to convince other owners to empty their farm systems or deal their upcoming picks, more power to them I say.

Funny you should mention this. I was re-writing the rules for a potential 24 team version of the Moneyball league concept and created a set of rules for a Rule 5 Draft in which teams get to keep and unlimited number of prospects. I'll share it after finishing the arbitration stuff.

Phil

teamnasty

PostThu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm

Willing to deal Jordan Walker, Gleyber Torres, and Nolan Gorman. Message me if interested. Asking price will vary depending on who is on your roster. My needs are somewhat fluid and varied.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat