Unleashed Keeper Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lakeviewdave

Re: Unleashed Keeper Chat

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 2:09 pm

Last edited by lakeviewdave on Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

hendrix08

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 3:28 pm

If its not too much trouble, for the draft can we post the names exactly as they are listed in SOM online (e.g. Harris II, Michael)? I think that would make Keys job a lot easier and reduce spelling errors, etc.
Last edited by hendrix08 on Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanman17

PostTue Apr 04, 2023 6:33 pm

I have players at the following positions available to trade: SP, C, 1B, SS, 3B
I'm looking to improve at the following positions: SP, RP, C, 1B, 3B, LF, RF

The following players are available:
Darvish, Yu SP $5.73
Gray, Sonny SP $4.21
Montgomery, Jordan SP $3.91
Gilbert, Logan SP $3.36
Marquez, German SP $0.80
Ashby, Aaron SP $0.78
Rogers, Trevor SP $0.50
Vazquez, Christian C $3.47
Muncy, Max 1B $3.80
Hernandez, Enrique UTIL $0.78
Semien, Marcus SS $8.21
Torres, Gleyber SS $2.76
Urias, Ramon SS $2.54
Lewis, Royce SS,CF no card
Vosler, Jason 3B $3.85
Turner, Justin 3B $3.63
Burger, Jake 3B $1.88

I'm looking to upgrade my team this year by giving up players that will likely have be better in the future. Send me a DM if there are players you are interested in acquiring.

-Tanner

keyzick

PostWed Apr 05, 2023 8:24 am

AVAILABLE PLAYERS UPDATE

Just noticed Wander Franco on that list...should be obvious he was a keeper. Please delete him from your files.

Thanks, and sorry!

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 8:49 am

Players looking to move:

George Springer RF/CF $5.73
Corey Seager SS $3.37
Ozzie Albies 2B $2.73
Andrew Vaughn 1B/OF $3.63
Josh Naylor 1B/RF $2.86
Nick Gonzales IF
Jackson Jobe SP (prospect)

Looking for FA/Prospect picks/upgraded picks, but open to other possibilities as well

keyzick

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:02 am

Sean - please see my email reply - you need to either cut or promote Pratto. Once a player is carded, he becomes a free agent if not promoted.

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:05 am

keyzick wrote:Sean - please see my email reply - you need to either cut or promote Pratto. Once a player is carded, he becomes a free agent if not promoted.

Not true in this league, prospects can be held for 2 years.

From rules:
Prospect Player rules:
1) The maximum number of prospects allowed on each roster is 10.
2) Prospects are not counted as part of the 40 man roster while they maintain their prospect status.
3) Owners control the rights of their prospects for no longer than 2 years. At the end of 2 years (from time of draft) a prospect must either be promoted to the MLB roster or released.
4) Prospects can be traded, but the 2 year timeline remains constant for each prospect. Prospects moving from one team to another must be promoted or released when the original 2 year cycle has been reached.
5) Prospects can be promoted to the major league roster at any time, provided there is roster space available. Once promoted all prospects lose their prospect status, and cannot be demoted back to prospect status.

keyzick

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:28 am

The intention of the prospect roster is to act as a farm system for uncarded players without MLB experience. They can remain in that status for no longer than 2 years, and then be released or promoted.

I've always interpreted our rules as one where once carded, a prospect would need to be promoted or released.

I agree, it certainly is not written out specifically that way in the rules, so I'll let Sean maintain as is.

We need to vote on amending how prospects treated, beginning with next year's set.

Beginning with next years' set: if you are in favor of a prospect being either promoted or released, once they are carded, please vote YES below. If you believe they should be able to maintain their prospect status for up to 2 years, regardless, [b]please vote NO.[/b] A super majority of 8 votes will be required for a rule change:

mfl536
wjs6768
aray0113
seanreflex
nythawk
klx22
roscodog
hendrix08
tanman17
keyzick - YES
jerlins
lakeviewdave

seanreflex

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:35 am

The intention of the prospect roster is to act as a farm system for uncarded players without MLB experience. They can remain in that status for no longer than 2 years, and then be released or promoted.

I've always interpreted our rules as one where once carded, a prospect would need to be promoted or released.

I agree, it certainly is not written out specifically that way in the rules, so I'll let Sean maintain as is.

We need to vote on amending how prospects treated, beginning with next year's set.

Beginning with next years' set: if you are in favor of a prospect being either promoted or released, once they are carded, please vote YES below. If you believe they should be able to maintain their prospect status for up to 2 years, regardless, [b]please vote NO.[/b] A super majority of 8 votes will be required for a rule change:

mfl536
wjs6768
aray0113
seanreflex - NO
nythawk
klx22
roscodog
hendrix08
tanman17
keyzick - YES
jerlins
lakeviewdave

lakeviewdave

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 9:42 am

mfl536
wjs6768
aray0113
seanreflex - NO
nythawk
klx22
roscodog
hendrix08
tanman17
keyzick - YES
jerlins
lakeviewdave - NO