NLD 64 - This League is on Fiers

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: NLD 64 - This League is on Fiers

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 7:17 pm

By the way JTJ.....no peanut farmers that close to Atlanta generally--have to go south near Florida, but it is Hotter down there, If you can stand all the gnats and rattlesnakes.

Semper Gumby

PostFri Sep 22, 2023 9:27 pm

Super busy with retired life here - my USMC pension gets me a good beer buy despite my sober ways

Got myself tagged as a court appointed guardian ad litem and have three (3) cases (5 children total) that I cover - tough stuff working a case with a kid that the mom beat repeatedly with a flashlight :(

Just add high school mentoring to my list and picked up a few high school boys who have choice between county jail and a college scholarship in their hands

I do LOVE the draft and getting my team set despite my unorthodox draft ways

THANKS TO JOE for keeping me playing!!!!

joethejet

PostSat Sep 23, 2023 3:13 am

milleram wrote:By the way JTJ.....no peanut farmers that close to Atlanta generally--have to go south near Florida, but it is Hotter down there, If you can stand all the gnats and rattlesnakes.

Well, huh. I guess I could change the team name still. Not sure what I would change to however.... What *is* Atlanta known for? (Besides being hot LOL)

joethejet

PostSat Sep 23, 2023 3:14 am

Semper Gumby wrote:Super busy with retired life here - my USMC pension gets me a good beer buy despite my sober ways

Got myself tagged as a court appointed guardian ad litem and have three (3) cases (5 children total) that I cover - tough stuff working a case with a kid that the mom beat repeatedly with a flashlight :(

Just add high school mentoring to my list and picked up a few high school boys who have choice between county jail and a college scholarship in their hands

I do LOVE the draft and getting my team set despite my unorthodox draft ways

THANKS TO JOE for keeping me playing!!!!

You're welcome Semper always good to have you in the league. Better when you're actually commenting on a regular basis however.

Sounds like a tough gig that you're doing, but God bless you for it.

milleram

PostSat Sep 23, 2023 4:05 am

Name is fine with me--I assume there used to be peanut farmers here until ATL turned into a large metro area, but the big commercial peanut farms are kind of southwest part of state, Jimmy Carter was from Plains Ga--which I have never been too--but somewhere on southwestern side of state on the way to Florida Gulf Coast.

joethejet

PostSat Sep 23, 2023 3:37 pm

milleram wrote:Name is fine with me--I assume there used to be peanut farmers here until ATL turned into a large metro area, but the big commercial peanut farms are kind of southwest part of state, Jimmy Carter was from Plains Ga--which I have never been too--but somewhere on southwestern side of state on the way to Florida Gulf Coast.

Yeah, I have no idea other than I know that peanuts are a big crop in Georgia. Thanks for letting me know however. Always good to learn different things about states. :)

joethejet

PostFri Sep 29, 2023 2:28 pm

9th inning, up 10-4 two out, no one one. Easy peasy, win in the bank right? :x :x :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

Then this happened. #!$!$&!~$~#!&*(!$#~#$

2 J.Meneses 1-4 Home Run (CF) b-H F3
2 N.Hoerner 3-9 Single (CF) b-1 F1
2 1 H.Ramirez 1-8 Single (LF) 1-2 b-1 F0
SUBSTITUTION at P: Trevor Megill (R)
2 12 S.Espinal 4-7 Single (LF) 2-H 1-3 b-1 F9
2 1 3 C.Vazquez 5-7 Walk 1-2 b-1 F9
2 123 A.Engel 6-5 Single (RF) 3-H 2-H 1-3 b-1 F0
SUBSTITUTION at P: Caleb Thielbar (L)
2 1 3 B.Thompson 6-5 Home Run (CF) 3-H 1-H b-H F0
2 J.McCann 6-5 Double (CF) b-2 F0
2 2 J.Ramirez Wild Pitch 2-3 F0
2 3 J.Ramirez Balk 3-H F0
2 J.Ramirez 1-11 Foul Out (3B) b-0 F0

Stoney18

PostFri Sep 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Thank you???

joethejet

PostFri Sep 29, 2023 4:49 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Thank you???

It was definitely a gift, but I'm not sure I'm the one that you should be thanking. The SOM Gods were looking favorably on you last night. I'm sure (hoping) that I'll get my miracle comeback sometime this season. It's a dice game so Sh** Happens. I guess. :( :cry:

Stoney18

PostFri Sep 29, 2023 5:49 pm

Yeah, I was kidding. Talk about bad beats. I beat Jeep in the playoffs in another league. In each of the first two games I scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th off his closer to win 5-4.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat