SDKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

seanreflex

Re: SDKL

PostFri Jan 26, 2024 1:23 pm

I moved Jordan Lawlar, but as I read the rules, technically new Franchise prospects can only be designated following a prospect draft.

So Rant, as I look at this, I think we need to wait until after the prospect draft for you to designate Lawlar as your franchise prospect.

Am I reading this correctly?

Rant

PostFri Jan 26, 2024 1:47 pm

seanreflex wrote:I moved Jordan Lawlar, but as I read the rules, technically new Franchise prospects can only be designated following a prospect draft.

So Rant, as I look at this, I think we need to wait until after the prospect draft for you to designate Lawlar as your franchise prospect.

Am I reading this correctly?

I'm pretty sure we changed that to anytime there's an available slot. We are, after all, still after last year's prospect draft.

Oh, and, no rush, Luis Mato should be Matos.

seanreflex

PostFri Jan 26, 2024 2:22 pm

I'm fine with the rule being that if there's an open slot due to promotion / trade, that another can be deemed the franchise prospect.

I corrected Matos' name. I also corrected Ricky Tiedemann's name - he was missing his second "e".

Oddly, I checked the spelling of every other prospect, and you, Grant, were the only one who had spelling errors; you just happened to have 4 of them! :lol:

If anyone takes issue with being able to move a prospect into the franchise slot if / when it opens, speak now or forever hold your peace. Thanks

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Jan 26, 2024 2:39 pm

Give me Green, Elijah for franchise prospect as he is still a ways away...
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

unctarheel

PostFri Jan 26, 2024 3:39 pm

I was actually proposing dropping the time restriction on the franchise pick designations, but the idea fell through the cracks and was never brought to a vote due to bigmahon's unexpected retirement. Assuming that there are no objections to the proposed change, I would like to formally release Erick Pena and switch my franchise pick designation to Brady House.

seanreflex

PostSat Jan 27, 2024 5:22 pm

unctarheel wrote:I was actually proposing dropping the time restriction on the franchise pick designations, but the idea fell through the cracks and was never brought to a vote due to bigmahon's unexpected retirement. Assuming that there are no objections to the proposed change, I would like to formally release Erick Pena and switch my franchise pick designation to Brady House.

Tar Heel, why don't you make the proposal as you want it worded, and we'll move forward from there - either discussion on the language, or if no objections or suggestions for tweaking, we'll put it to a vote.

The league belongs to y'all, so if you want change, propose away!

Thanks,

sean

unctarheel

PostSun Jan 28, 2024 12:28 am

proposed rule modification

10) "Prospect Franchising" -- Each team in our league has the option to designate one prospect as a "franchise pick." This designation would give the team that drafted the player exclusive rights to that individual in perpetuity, and exempt said player from the two year prospect call-up window allowing them to stay a prospect until such time as this prospect is: (a) traded to a different team, (b) released, or (c) activated as a carded member of the team's roster. This designation can be transferred to immediately to another one of the teams prospects, provided that the previous designee has been traded to another team, released outright, or added to the 40-man roster as the result of being carded in the most recent player set.

The revision of the last sentence simply modifies the timing of the designation, granting managers more flexibility in the management of their rosters and prospects.

seanreflex

PostSun Jan 28, 2024 12:55 pm

RULE CHANGE VOTE: We have a proposed rule change regarding Franchise Prospect Status. Please indicate if you want to adopt this language with a "YES" vote, or to leave language as it currently stands, vote "NO"

10) "Prospect Franchising" -- Each team in our league has the option to designate one prospect as a "franchise pick." This designation would give the team that drafted the player exclusive rights to that individual in perpetuity, and exempt said player from the two year prospect call-up window allowing them to stay a prospect until such time as this prospect is: (a) traded to a different team, (b) released, or (c) activated as a carded member of the team's roster. This designation can be transferred to immediately to another one of the teams prospects, provided that the previous designee has been traded to another team, released outright, or added to the 40-man roster as the result of being carded in the most recent player set.

The revision of the last sentence simply modifies the timing of the designation, granting managers more flexibility in the management of their rosters and prospects.

1. seanreflex - Abstain - "your league, your rules"
2. unctarheel -
3. jerlins -
4. willmurr24 -
5. traderider -
6. ninersphan -
7. heekin65 -
8. rant -
9. tcochran -
10. Terry101 -
11. Ghost -
12. madal -

tcochran

PostSun Jan 28, 2024 7:17 pm

RULE CHANGE VOTE: We have a proposed rule change regarding Franchise Prospect Status. Please indicate if you want to adopt this language with a "YES" vote, or to leave language as it currently stands, vote "NO"

2. unctarheel -
3. jerlins -
4. willmurr24 -
5. traderider -
6. ninersphan -
7. heekin65 -
8. rant -
9. tcochran - YES
10. Terry101 -
11. Ghost -
12. madal -

the ghost of roger maris

PostSun Jan 28, 2024 7:29 pm

2. unctarheel -
3. jerlins -
4. willmurr24 -
5. traderider -
6. ninersphan -
7. heekin65 -
8. rant -
9. tcochran - YES
10. Terry101 -
11. Ghost - YES
12. madal -