SDKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: SDKL

PostSun Mar 03, 2024 5:22 pm

Just a heads up, I will be away on vacation from this Tuesday, the 5th to a week from Wednesday, the 13th. I will have limited access, but if the cards should drop in my absence, I would hope we will not be starting the draft until the announcement of my return, though I do have a preliminary cut list prepared.

traderider

On Business Travel, 16-22 March

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 1:22 pm

Greetings All,

I will have my phone but won’t be in front of my home desktop. I will follow along as best as I can.

TradeRider

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 19, 2024 2:22 pm

Cards dropped.

seanreflex

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 6:30 pm

Managers -

I am "commishing" my first two leagues this spring (this one and WBKL - many of you are in both leagues).

I am starting the WBKL league first. I've asked for drops by tomorrow night (Friday 3/22). My hope is to get the draft up and running over the weekend.

Once I have the first round complete and have a flow going (hopefully by midweek next week) I will get going on SDKL.

Ghost has very kindly (and extremely helpfully) volunteered to prepare the "Available Players" list for both leagues. This is a HUGE help to me, so thank you, Ghost!

I will make a formal request for drops in this league by end of this weekend.

Please be patient with me as I get the leagues going. And if anyone sees anything I'm doing that doesn't make sense or seem right, please don't be shy about bringing it to my attention.

Thanks, guys. We'll be underway soon.

Sean

tcochran

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 7:29 pm

Hi Sean,

I am in 8 keeper leagues in the current cardset and I really don't like to try to be in 2 drafts in the same set at the same time. I'm wondering if we could delay the start of the SDKL draft for a bit?

Right now, I have drafts scheduled to start on about Apr 1, Apr 15, May 1, and Jun 1.

Is there any chance that the SDKL draft could have a target start date of either May 15 or Jun 15?

Terry

Ninersphan

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 7:46 pm

tcochran wrote:Hi Sean,

I am in 8 keeper leagues in the current cardset and I really don't like to try to be in 2 drafts in the same set at the same time. I'm wondering if we could delay the start of the SDKL draft for a bit?

Right now, I have drafts scheduled to start on about Apr 1, Apr 15, May 1, and Jun 1.

Is there any chance that the SDKL draft could have a target start date of either May 15 or Jun 15?

Terry

Sooner the better please. I don't mind delaying if someone has real life commitments, but some of us would like to get going and not have our Strat leagues dragging into the Christmas season. ;)

elpasopesos

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 8:28 pm

Dear SKDL,
I believe that Paul Simpson, aka heekin65, a member of your league has passed away. Your commissioner can private mail me for details. If any one knows otherwise, please let me know.
Mark elpasopesos.

Palmtana

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 8:59 pm

Sean is a new Commish and has been asking my advice on that topic. I suggested he run one at a time. When the first gets close to being finished, the other one can start up. Other Commishes set their own pace. Let him do the same.

seanreflex

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 pm

tcochran wrote:Hi Sean,

Terry

Hi Terry,

I hear you, but I am not waiting until May or June to get the draft going in SDKL. Once I have WBKL draft moving I’ll get going on this one. I work full time and travel for work, I just moved two weeks ago, I’m paralyzed, and I’m in 10 keeper leagues and commish in two of them. So I appreciate that it’s a lot, but the further we let the draft slip into the MLB season, the more “tainted” I feel it becomes. So, you may have a period of time where you’ll have two drafts going at once.

Thank you for your input.

seanreflex

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 pm

elpasopesos wrote:Dear SKDL,
I believe that Paul Simpson, aka heekin65, a member of your league has passed away. Your commissioner can private mail me for details. If any one knows otherwise, please let me know.
Mark elpasopesos.

It appears this is true. Paul was a great league member in all the leagues i was in with him over the years. Respectful, fair and humble. He’ll be missed.

If anyone knows a manager interested in taking over the team, please let me know. Thank you.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat