PostThu Sep 05, 2024 3:55 pm

dc irish wrote:TRADE ANNOUCEMENT:

DcIrish Trades:

Joey Meneses
And a crate of baseballs

TO Seanreflex FOR

Reid Detmers

Sean to confirm!

Confirmed. Can I just take the baseballs?

dc irish

Re: D2D trash talk and draft comments thread

PostThu Sep 19, 2024 1:24 pm

So I'm thinking about throwing out a rule change vote but before I do wanted to see what the league feels generally.

Two things that are fundamentally true:

A) Due to Eddie's tweaks in our drafting/supplemental/prospecting, etc... there is now more talent generally available on the FA and Prospect lists for us to draft from.

B) It seems like 99% of pitchers are getting TJ these days and I think it creates some real roster crunch issues for a lot of us. Okay, maybe more like 25%, but it's a lot...

So, the rule I was thinking about proposing (rough form here, looking for input/reaction/concensus...), is creating a DL spot on the roster, essentially a "21st" protected player, but one who would only qualify by A) not being carded, and B) the not carding due to injury. This would allow someone who appeared but didn't make the inning threshold a protected player (i.e. Kodai Senga this year as an example of a player who would qualify for the IL spot, likely will pitch a couple innings but not be carded). This would NOT cover someone who just spent the season in the minors (maybe even a caveat that someone with more than 60 innings pitched in the minors would not qualify... this would allow a guy like DeGrom or Kershaw to be protected even though they had some ramp up work, but maybe not a guy who gets called up in August then shut down after 2 starts...)

I'm thinking about throwing this out in all leagues I'm in because it's becoming such a big deal. Since we implemented some of Eddie's rules, I think there is more than enough talent out there so that we can do this and still balance roster protection and protect our players. Also seems more like "real" baseball to me, basically a 60 Day DL spot that lasts the whole year and doesn't take up a roster spot in the real game.

Thoughts and discussion???

the splinter

PostThu Sep 19, 2024 9:46 pm

Even though being able to protect an additional player could help a crappy team like mine I vote NO

I’d prefer more draftable players in the pool. If a GM feels strongly enough about a guys future he can still protect him using our current rules.

Muck

PostFri Sep 20, 2024 2:33 pm

I am definitely for this idea. And I think it aligns with major league rules when a player is on the 60 day DL they are temporarily removed from the teams 40 man. But I think we restrict to 1 spot.

Also my roster is missing Jose Miranda on the league doc.

-Craig

Stoney18

PostFri Sep 20, 2024 2:50 pm

I'm against this. I agree with Splinter that having a more vibrant draft pool gives bad teams a greater opportunity to get better. Our leagues limited keeper rule is an aspect I like.
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat