Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 9

PostSun Oct 06, 2024 10:31 am

tcochran

PostSun Oct 06, 2024 10:32 am

Note to Chilliards: Do you have any drops, other than retirees?
Last edited by tcochran on Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

tcochran

PostSun Oct 06, 2024 10:34 am

Note to all: After 40 views in 2 chat threads, we still have not received even a nibble on taking over the Braves.

I ask again: Any takers here, for a 2nd team?

Denorien

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 8:26 am

tcochran wrote:Note to all: After 40 views in 2 chat threads, we still have not received even a nibble on taking over the Braves.

I'll spend a credit and manage the team's day-to-day.

We just need to come up with a way to draft that satisfies the desire for independent governance.

tcochran

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 10:13 am

tcochran wrote:Note to Chilliards: Do you have any drops, other than retirees?

Per email, chilliards says he has no drops other than retirees

tcochran

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 10:14 am

Denorien wrote:
tcochran wrote:Note to all: After 40 views in 2 chat threads, we still have not received even a nibble on taking over the Braves.

We just need to come up with a way to draft that satisfies the desire for independent governance.

Thanks, Steve, I interpret this to mean that you'll take over the Braves for at least one season, right?

Not sure how to interpret "independent governance," though. Tell us more?

Denorien

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 10:42 am

tcochran wrote:
Denorien wrote:

Thanks, Steve, I interpret this to mean that you'll take over the Braves for at least one season, right?

Not sure how to interpret "independent governance," though. Tell us more?

Hi. One season at a time.

As I mentioned in a previous season, I am not capable of managing two teams equally. The Braves and my Clowns are many picks apart, nevertheless, if there are overlapping needs, I won't be willing to take a player with the Braves who I think might last until the Clowns' next pick. This is just full disclosure.

I don't expect anyone to be satisfied with my offer.

This is less likely to be an issue with the 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd round picks. Braves and Clowns are far enough apart, that a player the Braves would take is almost certain not to last 10 more picks for the Clowns to take. It is the later rounds where someone like Bobby Wine from season 8 (a scrub SS-1) could stay available for a while.

We could draft Braves players by 'committee'. Eg: a handful of willing managers choose a short list of three players for the Braves to pick and then 'vote' on who gets taken. Otherwise, we still keep looking for another manager.

My offer is open, you can keep looking for a while and then revisit the issue if no one agrees to take the Braves.

tcochran

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 10:59 am

Denorien wrote:Hi. One season at a time.

As I mentioned in a previous season, I am not capable of managing two teams equally. The Braves and my Clowns are many picks apart, nevertheless, if there are overlapping needs, I won't be willing to take a player with the Braves who I think might last until the Clowns' next pick. This is just full disclosure.

I don't expect anyone to be satisfied with my offer.

This is less likely to be an issue with the 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd round picks. Braves and Clowns are far enough apart, that a player the Braves would take is almost certain not to last 10 more picks for the Clowns to take. It is the later rounds where someone like Bobby Wine from season 8 (a scrub SS-1) could stay available for a while.

We could draft Braves players by 'committee'. Eg: a handful of willing managers choose a short list of three players for the Braves to pick and then 'vote' on who gets taken. Otherwise, we still keep looking for another manager.

My offer is open, you can keep looking for a while and then revisit the issue if no one agrees to take the Braves.

OK, understood. We'll wait for a bit longer.

jflatour99

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 11:04 am

For my part, I'm satisfied with Steve's offer. Thanks !

jflatour99

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 6:35 pm

I don't see any problem if Steve manage the Braves. As he said, the picks are far from each other and he said that I won't cause any problems for the first 3 rounds, which are the most important ones.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat