Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 9 - DRAFTING

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nol15736

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 9

PostMon Oct 07, 2024 10:16 pm

I felt similar to Steve which is why I didn’t volunteer.

That being said I am fine with Steve’s proposal in how he’d run 2 teams.

KAD1988

PostTue Oct 08, 2024 10:53 am

tcochran wrote:
Denorien wrote:Hi. One season at a time.

As I mentioned in a previous season, I am not capable of managing two teams equally. The Braves and my Clowns are many picks apart, nevertheless, if there are overlapping needs, I won't be willing to take a player with the Braves who I think might last until the Clowns' next pick. This is just full disclosure.

I don't expect anyone to be satisfied with my offer.

This is less likely to be an issue with the 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd round picks. Braves and Clowns are far enough apart, that a player the Braves would take is almost certain not to last 10 more picks for the Clowns to take. It is the later rounds where someone like Bobby Wine from season 8 (a scrub SS-1) could stay available for a while.

We could draft Braves players by 'committee'. Eg: a handful of willing managers choose a short list of three players for the Braves to pick and then 'vote' on who gets taken. Otherwise, we still keep looking for another manager.

My offer is open, you can keep looking for a while and then revisit the issue if no one agrees to take the Braves.

Sounds good. Maybe make a positional need list before the draft and agree to take the highest priced player available at the positions of need until they are all filled? Might make it easier on your conscience and also allow a little transparency into selections so the other teams can anticipate...

Denorien

PostTue Oct 08, 2024 11:22 am

KAD1988 wrote:
tcochran wrote:
Denorien wrote:Hi. One season at a time.

As I mentioned in a previous season, I am not capable of managing two teams equally. The Braves and my Clowns are many picks apart, nevertheless, if there are overlapping needs, I won't be willing to take a player with the Braves who I think might last until the Clowns' next pick. This is just full disclosure.

I don't expect anyone to be satisfied with my offer.

This is less likely to be an issue with the 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd round picks. Braves and Clowns are far enough apart, that a player the Braves would take is almost certain not to last 10 more picks for the Clowns to take. It is the later rounds where someone like Bobby Wine from season 8 (a scrub SS-1) could stay available for a while.

We could draft Braves players by 'committee'. Eg: a handful of willing managers choose a short list of three players for the Braves to pick and then 'vote' on who gets taken. Otherwise, we still keep looking for another manager.

My offer is open, you can keep looking for a while and then revisit the issue if no one agrees to take the Braves.

Sounds good. Maybe make a positional need list before the draft and agree to take the highest priced player available at the positions of need until they are all filled? Might make it easier on your conscience and also allow a little transparency into selections so the other teams can anticipate...

This is what I do for my own team, more or less, and I will do the same for the Braves.

As I mentioned earlier, it will be more obvious for the first few picks (who to take). In the later picks, time will be 'shorter' and I probably can't wait for a consensus. So, I will note who the pick candidates are for the Braves and who I am selecting.

There's definitely a pattern to how I draft, Terry is familiar with it from many seasons in SWKL. I will attempt to draft the Braves more conventionally using needs and highest salary available.

tcochran

PostTue Oct 08, 2024 5:55 pm

OK, that sounds like a plan. Steve, do you have any additional drops for the Braves?

Denorien

PostTue Oct 08, 2024 6:30 pm

tcochran wrote:OK, that sounds like a plan. Steve, do you have any additional drops for the Braves?

Please also drop

Cloninger
Ramos
Kline

Blasingame
Esposito
Grammas

And the ballpark, Sportsman's '59

I guess I will call them Liverpool Clowns2

Sknsfan

PostTue Oct 08, 2024 6:44 pm

Denorien wrote:
tcochran wrote:OK, that sounds like a plan. Steve, do you have any additional drops for the Braves?

Please also drop

Cloninger
Ramos
Kline

Blasingame
Esposito
Grammas

And the ballpark, Sportsman's '59

I guess I will call them Liverpool Clowns2

Does that make them Cross-clown Rivals?

tcochran

PostWed Oct 09, 2024 10:26 am

Denorien

PostWed Oct 09, 2024 11:10 am

Hi, Terry. Can another franchise draft Sportsman's Park '59 if I drop them? I'm unsure how to interpret their availability apart from seeing their 'Start' was season 8.

Also are any of the other Sportsman's Park years available to me? '57, '60, etc.

tcochran

PostWed Oct 09, 2024 11:25 am

Denorien wrote:

Hi, Terry. Can another franchise draft Sportsman's Park '59 if I drop them? I'm unsure how to interpret their availability apart from seeing their 'Start' was season 8.

Also are any of the other Sportsman's Park years available to me? '57, '60, etc.

No other Sportsman's Park is available in this draft. So if you are unable to draft another ballpark that you like, then you can reclaim the '59 field.

tcochran

PostWed Oct 09, 2024 11:26 am

I will send out an available players list later today and then we can start the draft.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat