Price Increase Effective 11/1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fw4419

Re: Price Increase Effective 11/1

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 11:24 am

Not going to pay $25 a team…. I’m 65, been looking to grow up for quite a while and giving up the childhood game seems like a step in the right direction! Adios Hal!

toronto50

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 2:05 pm

costs profits etc i get it

one thing i would like to see...which i think would benefit player and company

player loyalty rewards...every 10th team u purchase u get a bonus credit

Eddie E

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 3:43 pm

I will continue to pay the price as I get a lot of enjoyment (and frustration unfortunately) out of the game. Ultimately, more enjoyment than anything else. I hope that they make some really cool improvements. I currently try to work around the flaws as no game is perfect but do hope for upgrades. Good luck to Strat on their endeavor.

yankeefan1222

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm not happy about a price increase. Whoever is to be honest. But it happens and it stonks. but I would like to see a mid-point price range, like a 3-team pack for $49 as an available option all the time to go with the single team the 5-team options. I think that will help alleviate the cost increase a bit. Really don't understand why this was not always an option all the time, just not a price special offer that you have sometimes. Anyway, that is my 2 cents what it's worth!

Palmtana

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 4:23 pm

yankeefan1222 wrote:I'm not happy about a price increase. Whoever is to be honest. But it happens and it stonks. but I would like to see a mid-point price range, like a 3-team pack for $49 as an available option all the time to go with the single team the 5-team options. I think that will help alleviate the cost increase a bit. Really don't understand why this was not always an option all the time, just not a price special offer that you have sometimes. Anyway, that is my 2 cents what it's worth!

I'm no financial genius, but under your plan, why would anyone use anything but the 3-team for $49 option?

Radagast Brown

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 5:41 pm

25 is too much and I've been enjoying Draftkings more anyway.

yankeefan1222

PostWed Oct 16, 2024 7:19 pm

Dont”t sell your self short Palmtana you are a financial genius, good point! lol

Palmtana

PostThu Oct 17, 2024 3:10 am

yankeefan1222 wrote:Dont”t sell your self short Palmtana you are a financial genius, good point! lol

My bank account will be glad to hear it!

To your point, a 3 pack price might hit a sweet spot for some managers. I'm speculating, but I suspect a lot of those who are put off by the rise from $20 to $25 for a credit are casual players. When the spirit hits them they check in on SOM and buy a team. I think there are a lot of players in this category. Some of them have posted in this thread. If it's a matter of Strat vs. groceries they, understandably, will choose groceries.

Those who are more invested in the game buy 5 packs. The price for one of those will rise from $16/team to $20/team.
To most, big whoop. But cash flow is an issue for some. They can't plunk down $100 for anything that's not in the monthly budget. Forget about a leisure activity like Strat.

Back to the beginning. A 3 pack at, say, $65 might make it easier for a member to ask for clearance from the boss of the house to engage a passion of his. He could start out negotiations with the 5 pack and then settle on the 3 pack.

Maybe I'm getting caught up in my post, but didn't there used to be a 3 pack price?

Courtneylant

PostThu Oct 17, 2024 6:54 am

Eddie E wrote:I will continue to pay the price as I get a lot of enjoyment (and frustration unfortunately) out of the game. Ultimately, more enjoyment than anything else. I hope that they make some really cool improvements. I currently try to work around the flaws as no game is perfect but do hope for upgrades. Good luck to Strat on their endeavor.

Agree. And when I think about it, 1 team @ $25 per is really only $3/week. I typically have 2 teams overlapping at once which takes me to $6.24/week. It's not a deterrent for most unless you're looking for an excuse to stop.
-Alexander Supertramp

paul j kiggins

PostThu Oct 17, 2024 9:38 am

its not an excuse.if u r on fixed income and over 65 and this is 1 of your pastimes....
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx