Price Increase Effective 11/1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

badassba

Re: Price Increase Effective 11/1

PostTue Oct 22, 2024 7:42 am

RB44 wrote:Rising prices is nothing new. Strat is an awesome game and I will be happy to pay more.

I'm on board with the price increase but would like to see future price increases explained in the context of the overall price increase from 5 years earlier vs the inflation rate over that period. If they did that, and it showed a match or slightly higher than inflation rate, all with an improved product to boot, then all OK.

Radagast Brown

PostTue Oct 22, 2024 1:59 pm

Nah, their overhead is cheap, they have very few employees and no improvements or new sets . I'll pass. If anything tech based products like this should be cheaper than 20 years ago not more expensive.

And to the troll who doesn't want my opinion, you can skip my posts or block me. Otherwise kick rocks old man . lol

I can promise you that I will never pay 25 bucks for a team on principle alone. There is a similar game that is ABSOLUTELY FREE. THIS IS A GREEDY MONEY GRAB, NOTHING MORE.

fw4419

PostWed Oct 23, 2024 5:56 am

100% correct.

oldmansmith2

PostWed Oct 23, 2024 10:49 am

It's 100% correct that RB has an opinion on the subject that you agree with. You're both entitled. Whether it's a greedy money grab, a necessary business decision or something in the middle, I don't know. I do know that we are going to be losing some people on principle like you two and have some others like me who are going to cut back on the number of teams they play. Strat won't be getting more money from me but I'll have to be ok with getting less bang for my buck. Which I am. A price increase after 12 years seems reasonable to me as long as it's a long time till the next one.

Courtneylant

PostWed Oct 23, 2024 4:08 pm

Big Fred Whitfield wrote:With maintenance of the game itself perhaps miniscule or non-existent, each and every customer game fee reduces that as well

I am by no means in the know, for Strat or for technology, but have been IT-adjacent most of my career. the last 2 companies I was with were in the process of major investments for their IT infrastructure and database management. It wouldn't surprise me if all the upgrades are back end infrastructure to bring them into the 202x's and will not result in many new features for the players.
-Alexander Supertramp

13Baseballs

PostThu Oct 24, 2024 9:42 am

fw4419 wrote:Not going to pay $25 a team…. I’m 65, been looking to grow up for quite a while and giving up the childhood game seems like a step in the right direction! Adios Hal!

fw4419… Please never grow up… that is when you start acting and being old…

geekor

PostThu Oct 24, 2024 6:20 pm

You all realize inflation has been huge for everyone? Their employees should be able to get a raise too. The MLBPA license fees im sure have gone up as well.

The only people who have the American people true interests at heart use your local coke dealer. The prices are down and quality is better than ever!

Joking aside, costs are up for everyone, and they should get enough to keep employees with raises too meet the rising cost of living as well.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx