Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostSun May 28, 2023 5:44 pm

It really pays to have good prospects. Turtle hasn't given up a single draft pick and he's acquired unbelievable major league value in his two trades with MFL536 (Mike).

Meanwhile, I need both a LF and CF and haven't done crap...lol But I'm not trading Elly, Matt, or Jackson. Hell no!

I read that Matt McLain was like "Alex Bregman-lite" when I looked over his scouting reports. I wasn't convinced of that until this season. He started out great in triple AAA this year and it's only 57 PA's with the Reds but he is at .380/.456/.600 now. He went 4 for 5 today. I hope he doesn't get a four on defense (SS) though in Strat next year. And then there's Elly De La Cruz. Looking forward to his MLB debut this year. That would be awesome! Elly is killing it again in triple AAA! Wouldn't be surprised if Holliday also reaches the major leagues this year with the way he's hitting in the minor leagues so far. And Mateo has slowed way down from his hot start.

seanreflex

PostSun May 28, 2023 6:29 pm

Fred, I don't blame you for hanging on to all those SS's ... more than likely they'll get promoted and asked to play another position ... especially Elly & McLain ... they say Elly has the arm to play SS, so maybe McLain goes to 3B, and they leave India at 2B??? Fun to think about how good that Cincy team is going to be!!

When are Heston Kjerstad, Colton Cowser and Tyler Soderstrom going to get promoted?? Not sure how much more Kjerstad and Soderstrom can prove in the minors. They're ready, and their teams really need them!

Roscodog

PostSun May 28, 2023 7:27 pm

June.
Service Time manipulation

fredpaii

PostMon May 29, 2023 4:05 am

seanreflex wrote:Fred, I don't blame you for hanging on to all those SS's ... more than likely they'll get promoted and asked to play another position ... especially Elly & McLain ... they say Elly has the arm to play SS, so maybe McLain goes to 3B, and they leave India at 2B??? Fun to think about how good that Cincy team is going to be!!

When are Heston Kjerstad, Colton Cowser and Tyler Soderstrom going to get promoted?? Not sure how much more Kjerstad and Soderstrom can prove in the minors. They're ready, and their teams really need them!

Those three are excellent too. I think Cowser will be called up soon (maybe in a week or two). He has a quad issue at the moment but it's not supposed to be too bad.

I don't know if Cowser can play 1B at all but that's where I'd like to put him. In a platoon with Mountcastle.

Rant

PostTue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

seanreflex wrote:Fred, I don't blame you for hanging on to all those SS's ... more than likely they'll get promoted and asked to play another position ... especially Elly & McLain ... they say Elly has the arm to play SS, so maybe McLain goes to 3B, and they leave India at 2B??? Fun to think about how good that Cincy team is going to be!!

I think the Reds are floating putting Elly in CF if Senzel flames out again. Having him in another league, I would be against that approach. Holliday will get promoted to AAA by the end of the year, but I doubt he gets to the Majors this year. He's only 19, and even if the O's are relevant this year that would be a huge jump. I'm definitely looking forward to watching some Bowie Baysox games this year.

MFL536

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 4:32 pm

Supp picks I will have 2 & 14 or 1 & 13 if interested send offer

seanreflex

PostFri Jun 16, 2023 2:01 pm

TRADE:

seanreflex trades:

Shohei Ohtani UNICORN
Josh Naylor 1B

to The Turtle for:

Eury Perez SP (pros)
Grayson Rodriguez SP
James Wood OF (pros)

Turtle to confirm

The Turtle

PostFri Jun 16, 2023 4:47 pm

seanreflex wrote:TRADE:

seanreflex trades:

Shohei Ohtani UNICORN
Josh Naylor 1B

to The Turtle for:

Eury Perez SP (pros)
Grayson Rodriguez SP
James Wood OF (pros)

Turtle to confirm

Confirmed and I drop Tylor Megill to get back down to 40.

More of me using my prospects to use to win now. Ohtani and Judge? Okie Doke. Stocking up for a hopeful 2 for 2 repeat.

MFL536

PostSat Jun 17, 2023 1:45 pm

My trade of 5/12/23 with Turtle was not recorded on spreadsheet or rosters thanks

Roscodog

PostSun Jun 18, 2023 10:24 am

MFL536 wrote:My trade of 5/12/23 with Turtle was not recorded on spreadsheet or rosters thanks

Yeah I’m behind on roster updates.
I’ll fix it up prior to the supp draft.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat