The "Original" 24 TKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

toshiro

Re: The "Original" 24 TKL

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:54 pm

One question -- one hour limit on that first round?

It is the most important round by far. Seems like a 4-6 hour window might be nice for flexibility. Several people took 18 hours, which really there is no reason for that. But if the window were 4-6 hrs, it would get those people's attn and they would figure out how to get it done.

If it's one hour, I'd probly vote no, just to hedge on those who need flexibility. Don't see the need to rush thru the critical 1st rd.
Last edited by toshiro on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Turtle

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:54 pm

Rule Amendment brought up for a vote.

Current Rule:
11) There is a no clock for Round 1 of each Annual Free Agent draft. Each other round will be assigned time slots. Times listed shall be Eastern Standard Time and run from 10 AM to 11 PM

Proposed Rule:
11) Every draft round will be assigned time slots. Times listed shall be Eastern Standard Time and run from 10 AM to 11 PM

Note: This rule will not take effect until 2025.

1) Calbatross - YES
2) Turtle - YES

though, do we have everyone's emails? We should update those and make sure to send a mass email out that the draft is starting

calbatross

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:59 pm

toshiro wrote:One question -- one hour limit on that first round?

It is the most important round by far. Seems like a 4-6 hour window might be nice for flexibility. Several people took 18 hours, which really there is no reason for that. But if the window were 4-6 hrs, it would get those people's attn and they would figure out how to get it done.

I think if you know exactly when your pick is due, you can better plan to pick when your time is up, and can negotiate with trade partners with time being a known factor. I expect that would make an abundance of time unnecessary.

dc irish

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:00 pm

toshiro wrote:One question -- one hour limit on that first round?

If it's one hour, I'd probly vote no, just to hedge on those who need flexibility. Don't see the need to rush thru the critical 1st rd.

I would counter that we have 6 months before the first round to prepare :) Most people either pick within an hour or wait 12 hours, not much in-between in reality, and a 4-6 hour window means you could be at 2 picks a day with a 6 hour window, i.e. 12 days in worst case scenerio to get through the first round.

dc irish

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:01 pm

Current Rule:
11) There is a no clock for Round 1 of each Annual Free Agent draft. Each other round will be assigned time slots. Times listed shall be Eastern Standard Time and run from 10 AM to 11 PM

Proposed Rule:
11) Every draft round will be assigned time slots. Times listed shall be Eastern Standard Time and run from 10 AM to 11 PM

1) Calbatross - YES
2) Turtle - YES
3) DcIrish-YES

though, do we have everyone's emails? We should update those and make sure to send a mass email out that the draft is starting

calbatross

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:03 pm

The Turtle wrote:though, do we have everyone's emails? We should update those and make sure to send a mass email out that the draft is starting

To be fair, we have all been doing this long enough. Everyone knows to pay attention to this forum above all else this time of year. Everyone did receive an email on March 19 regarding the cut deadline, and also stating (with emphasis mine):

Let's try to get cuts/promotions posted by Friday evening, March 22, at 11:59 PM Eastern (i.e., midnight). I will do my best to prepare available player lists so that we can begin drafting shortly after. The first round will be untimed, but please check in regularly after the cut deadline.

toshiro

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:07 pm

dc irish wrote:
I would counter that we have 6 months before the first round to prepare :) Most people either pick within an hour or wait 12 hours, not much in-between in reality, and a 4-6 hour window means you could be at 2 picks a day with a 6 hour window, i.e. 12 days in worst case scenerio to get through the first round.

Perhaps, but more than 50% of the people had a pick time of longer than 1 hour ( incl dc ). We could do better, but proxies can be tricky, in general you don't want to do it, esp in 1st rd where you have forking logic depending on who's available. I don't recommend trying to rush through it. Speed it up w/some constraints, sure. I think the main prob, is several people simply were not giving it any attn at all.

Think it thru, folks. What you're doing here w/the vote is essentially food shopping while on an empty stomach.

kurtz2001

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:08 pm

Current Rule:

Proposed Rule:

1) Calbatross - YES
2) Turtle - YES
3) DcIrish-YES
4) "Painfully Slow" sailed Sunday: kurtz2001 VOTES YES

Jim's idea of a 4 hour window for the first round sounds good to me.
Last edited by kurtz2001 on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toshiro

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:10 pm

kurtz2001 wrote: kurtz2001 VOTES YES

Jim's idea of a 4 hour window for the first round sounds good to me.

Jim's idea of a 4 hour window *does* sound good.

Keep in mind, your YES vote is for a one hour window.

thechamp87

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 2:12 pm

Current Rule:

Proposed Rule:

1) Calbatross - YES
2) Turtle - YES
3) DcIrish-YES
4) kurtz2001 - YES
5) thechamp87 - YES

PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat