Unique Stadiums 4 seasons

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Michael Grammes

Re: Unique Stadiums 4 seasons

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

And I thought i would be the last one in.

Come on Terry! Tag, your it!

Terry101

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Just got home and will be in before 9:30 MST

Semper Gumby

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

About 80% of my starters, I've never used before in a league. I'm going to miss my scrubs going into season #2.

I feel bad that Mickey Mantle didn't find the love - somehow he got snubbed for the draft card.

Nice to see the conservatism in the draft cards played out well in the free agent pool. Plenty of pieces available to rebuild my roster

BDWard

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm sure that Mick will soon find a home. I got 12 of my autodraft picks, which normally would be OK if the picks were spread across most positions, but I got 2 good catchers, 2 good third basemen and 2 good first basemen. Yikes!

I got Yaz as my Bonds consolation prize, which could be worse, as I'm in a lefty park, but Yaz is a chronic underperformer.

Lots of lefty parks with the good lefty sticks being spread across a half dozen teams.

I need help just about everywhere else.

Apparently, $120 mil cap draft strategy is a little different than lower caps.

modmark46

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeah, a good number of lefty parks this first go round. I decided to use mine first up, but anticipating a run on the big lefty sluggers, I looked at mostly mid level and lower level lefty sluggers, figuring I'd have more luck getting them. Except for Ruth and Cobb, who were my first two picks on my card, and I got them both. Did miss on two hitters, but I can replace them if desired. Overall pretty happy; which is probably a bad thing. :shock:

dharmabums

PostThu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Interesting how almost all of us used our 2nd or 3rd drafted park. Just one guy is using his first choice for park. Not sure if there's anything to make of that. Or just ramblings of an idle mind. ;)

thetallguy747

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 4:46 pm

This is scary. I got every player I put on my draft card except my backup catcher. That should make a person jump for joy. But it gives me this creeping feeling that something catastrophic is in the offing. It makes feel like I should go to one of two extremes -- sit pat with my roster and feel fate is showing its kindness; or tear my roster completely apart and foil the monster waiting to give me my comeuppance. lol

Kevin A

modmark46

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Ha! Yeah that's happened to me once in a while. And I know what you mean. I get this feeling of disquiet, like everyone else knows something that I don't. :shock:

motherscratcher

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 8:49 pm

That's never happened to me (that i can remember), but yeah, I'm not sure I'd be very excited about that, lol.

Semper Gumby

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 12:59 pm

BDWard wrote:Lots of lefty parks with the good lefty sticks being spread across a half dozen teams.

The six (6) parks leaning hard left parks placed a premium on "L" or "E" balanced LHBs. Only George Sisler and Todd Helton remain in the $10 and above bin. Strong leading "2R"+ balanced and low SLG LHBs are relatively plentiful items on the free agent list e.g., Joe Jackson. Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle finally landed a roster - I had a concern they'd flounder on the free agent list a wee bit longer.

The top end SPs shelf is empty except for the leftover Hippo Vaughn ($10.05). I can't recall playing against this Hippo card in my other $80-100M league. Solid LHSPs with a moderate "L" balance are rare as hen's teeth in the $9-10M range. Randy Jones might still find his way on to a roster by Monday night.

BDWard wrote:Apparently, $120 mil cap draft strategy is a little different than lower caps

Who don't you have on your roster? You're definitely playing Texas Hold 'em! ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat