GMKL CHAT:

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mlbphan

Re: GMKL CHAT:

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 11:23 am

Bill I’ve been giving this some strong consideration as well & will let you know soon. If I do end up leaving I believe this team is set up well now & the future. I’ll post back here in a couple days. Like Bob I’ll be cutting back on a few leagues & I haven’t ruled out leaving ALL of them & just keeping my original NSKL.

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan

Hey Bob I decided I’m gonna stay on. I realized I might have too much time on FB & be immersed in the political turmoil that it’s become & I need to keep my baseball “diversion” from life in general. It’s therapeutic for me. So count me in.

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan

Ninersphan

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 3:36 pm

As stated in league email I am leaving this league. I regret that I have not been able to get it running in a timely manner for the last couple of years, but it could not be helped. Perhaps I'm nuts for what I do when I run a league, but what I do takes hours and clearly running 3 leagues the way I do is to much given the other commitments in my life. Because of that I'm stepping down as commish( which I tried to do last year in a much angrier fashion, some may recall). I'm also leaving the league, for a couple of reasons. I believe the league should be run as at has since Kaviksdad started it which, late starts being the exception, I've done. Bob is abdicating some of what I see are commissioner responsibilities to someone else and through his emails doesn't see those as a commissioner task. That's his prerogative. If I was to stay I'd want it run the same way and I also know myself, I'd be trying to interject my thoughts and opinions on any league issues that Bob would be in charge of settling and that's not fair to him.

So because of all that and again my lack of time ( I still have two other leagues to shepherd into season 2 at some point soon) I'm leaving.

No hard feelings, I'll see most if not all of you in other leagues.

PS One last thing ( see I'm out and already butting in) I'd suggest to Bob to start a new chat thread, that way he can edit the rules on the first post as necessary and it also allows him to edit the chat thread title if needed.

Palmtana

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Thanks for your years of commissioner-ship Bill. Most seasons things went very smoothly. That's a good idea about starting a new chat thread. I'll put a link to this one in the first post of the new one and then lock it.

Ninersphan wrote:......Bob is abdicating some of what I see are commissioner responsibilities to someone else and through his emails doesn't see those as a commissioner task......

One "responsibility" Bill. Producing availables lists. Never made 'em never will. Kev has offered to help in that area.

NMILSTEIN

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks for taking over Bob and I'm looking forward to this league getting up and running again.

I'm with you on the available list, there really is no need for it and I never use it.

Neil

klx22

PostSat Jun 27, 2020 6:24 pm

I am all for one & applaud Kev for the efforts!
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat