Eddie E

Re: 24 Let's Play Two League - Chat

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 2:23 am

I confirm:

Turtle sends 2024 5th rd FA pick to Eddie E for Adam Duvall

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 5:20 am

Taking offers for OF JJ Bleday and SP/RP Matthew Liberatore.

jbenson27

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 1:27 pm

THE MORE I THINK ABOUT IT THE MORE ANGRY I GET......
I'm a tax accountant as some of you know....I've been trying to be active......I made a deal release the rest of my guys to get to 20...and thought i was done..>>Our Commish notice the pick i traded was already not mine......CANCELED the deal....I didnt get a text or email......As I said I thought i was done...hadnt visited the site......then within 24 hours or Ed stopping the deal....actually under 12 hours.......Turtle comes in and gives Eddie a 5th......I lose out on someone i thought i had.......

Somehow doesnt seem fair....not the first time in this league I've been screwed by someone who is in charge/help run the league.....Clearly My fault.

Eddie E

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 2:20 pm

Jeff,

I understand the frustration. It sucks when you do the work on a trade and someone comes along and undercuts your work. However, I dont think Ed is to blame. He's the commish and its his job to void a trade that is illegal.

You could blame me for making a trade with someone else but I honestly thought that you were no longer interested since I did not hear back from you after sending you a PM. Of course, I had no idea you were an accountant in the middle of tax season. All of your previous responses were very quick. Anyway, if it helps, I apologize for not waiting longer and jumping on Turtle's offer. I promise to be more careful next time with our next trade (and I know there will be one since we are both active traders). Good luck to you this season.

jbenson27

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm

Eddie E wrote:Jeff,

I understand the frustration. It sucks when you do the work on a trade and someone comes along and undercuts your work. However, I dont think Ed is to blame. He's the commish and its his job to void a trade that is illegal.

You could blame me for making a trade with someone else but I honestly thought that you were no longer interested since I did not hear back from you after sending you a PM. Of course, I had no idea you were an accountant in the middle of tax season. All of your previous responses were very quick. Anyway, if it helps, I apologize for not waiting longer and jumping on Turtle's offer. I promise to be more careful next time with our next trade (and I know there will be one since we are both active traders). Good luck to you this season.

No Eddie I don't blame you, you're the new guy.....But if the Commish is vetoing a deal I made, he should reach out and let me know before the public get to react and as you said Swooped in and got my guy.....he's reached out to text me before on other issues......Everyone can see I dropped the remaining guys on my roster and referenced Duvall to get to my 20.....or at least stop the deal as posted for 24 hours so people can respond......

ed1447

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 6:18 pm

jbenson27 wrote:

No Eddie I don't blame you, you're the new guy.....But if the Commish is vetoing a deal I made, he should reach out and let me know before the public get to react and as you said Swooped in and got my guy.....he's reached out to text me before on other issues......Everyone can see I dropped the remaining guys on my roster and referenced Duvall to get to my 20.....or at least stop the deal as posted for 24 hours so people can respond......

Jeff,

I’m sorry that you’re angry about this but this is what I’ve done in the past in similar situations. I’m not sure what you mean about being screwed previously but I wouldn’t do that to anyone - certainly not intentionally. Hopefully everyone can move on.

Anyway, this is the time of year that I am making many changes to the Googledoc so please everyone take a look at your rosters and let me know if you see any mistakes. I try to keep up as best that I can.

Ed

The Turtle

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 pm

jbenson27 wrote:

I have no issues vetoing our deal due to Duvall failing a phsycial (Carlos Correa style) if you two can come to an agreement on Duvall. But you gotta make sure you have a pick to deal a pick. I had wanted him too, but was busy myself and you were quick enough to get in an offer way below what I was going to send over. Once the deal was vetoed I waited all day to see if you would reply (past 10 p.m. anyway). But it is not that big of a deal. Duvall for an 8th was a steal though. It's a 4 milion card it turns out. It also does not help that we know what the cards are worth now, or at least most of them.

Also you should set it up to email you when you get a DM. I know it does that for me.

jbenson27

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 9:09 pm

hi Turtle

That's not the issue...Eddie and you made a deal.....I wont undo it.......My point is.....When a mistake like this happens...the person stopping the deal should email/text so we can reach an agreement before announcing to all that the deal is voided.....Eddie would have taken a 7th and i would have given that up......I posted the rest of my drops on the drop thread and even mentioned Duvall I thought i was done so I didnt check back......It wasnt fair that i wasnt notified there was an issue......and lost the player because of it.....the worst case is I should have had at least 24 hours before the player could be traded again.

jbenson27

PostSun Mar 17, 2024 3:53 pm

Still have Joe Musgrove on Trading Block.....looking for Prospect, picks or young players.....
Will entertain offers for Alonzo but need a lot to move him

The Turtle

PostMon Mar 18, 2024 1:00 pm

I send Kris Bryant and my ninth round FA pick to JBenson for his 6th round pick.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat