Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lakeviewdave

Re: Unleashed Keeper Chat

PostMon Apr 15, 2024 7:58 pm

Available to trade:
Luke Raley 1B/OF $4.97 - for an upcoming FA pick
Andrew Vaughn 1B
2nd round prospect picks (#17, #24 overall)
Brandon Marsh OF

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 8:15 am

HEADS UP,

Thanks to klx22's pick of Garrett Crochet, I went and checked the rules and yes drafting uncarded players is allowed in this league. I neglected to include them on the original players available lists but have rectified that this morning. Please check the lists again and if you find players that should not be on them post them here and I'll delete. I've found a few, but never hurts to have extra eyes checking. Thanks and I apologize for not having them on the initial lists.

seanreflex

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 9:31 am

Ninersphan wrote:HEADS UP,

Thanks to klx22's pick of Garrett Crochet, I went and checked the rules and yes drafting uncarded players is allowed in this league. I neglected to include them on the original players available lists but have rectified that this morning. Please check the lists again and if you find players that should not be on them post them here and I'll delete. I've found a few, but never hurts to have extra eyes checking. Thanks and I apologize for not having them on the initial lists.

Bill,
thank you for doing the work - I have no idea how you found every MLB player not carded in this set. According to the rule, I could draft Carlton Fisk and Willie Mays, so it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to create a complete list of non-carded players.

I also REALLY, REALLY like leagues like this that allow the drafting of non-carded players. It rewards those managers who dig in and do the research to find the players that aren't carded. That said, I don't want a list of non-carded players prepared, ever, in these leagues. While I appreciate the effort you put in, I think it detracts from the spirit of the rule, which to me says, "Do the work, reap the benefit."

Just my thoughts. Nothing in the rules say you need to provide that list. I hate seeing that list, and I think if we're going to consider providing it, it should be put up for vote.

My 2 cents. Thank you.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 10:01 am

Sean,

Getting the list is easy. It’s from the ratings book download just takes a little finagling to marry the salary info to that spread sheet. When I created this league and ran it, I provided the COMPLETE list every year so by doing it now I’m merely continuing things as they had always been done. Sorry you aren’t a fan but in my mind, I should have had it done initially and forgot/didn’t check that league allowed uncarded players. IMHO since that is the way it had always been done prior to my stepping down 3 years ago as commissioner, that’s the way it should continue to be done. Unless you voted in my absence to change it.

And as far as “researching” having a list of names and knowing which ones are desirable are two different things. Managers still need to know which names on that list are the ones to target and that still takes research on their part.

seanreflex

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 am

Bill,

I am pretty new to this league. I respect tradition and intent; if providing the list is the law of the land, I'm fine with it.

Your list will never generate names of players that have played in MLB but never been carded, correct?

Thanks, Bill.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 10:20 am

seanreflex wrote:Bill,

I am pretty new to this league. I respect tradition and intent; if providing the list is the law of the land, I'm fine with it.

Your list will never generate names of players that have played in MLB but never been carded, correct?

Thanks, Bill.

The list is I every MLB player that made an appearance in the MLB Iin the card year. So no, the list absolutely generates the names of players that haven’t been carded but appeared in the card year. Mind you I edit it to take out all the players that are on rosters. You just drafted one yourself in Junior Caminero who is eligible so I’m confused what you are asking.

Roscodog

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 2:51 pm

David Robertson showing as available but on my roster.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 3:36 pm

Roscodog wrote:David Robertson showing as available but on my roster.

Fixed Keep them coming.

lakeviewdave

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 pm

Available to trade:
Luke Raley 1B/OF $4.97 - for an upcoming FA pick

lakeviewdave

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Lakeviewdave trades

Luke Raley

to WJS6768 for