GOML New Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: GOML New Chat Thread

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 8:42 pm

I'm confused, the league is showing only one team missing from the draft- mlbphan, but at least 5 teams should not be in,

Nythawk and Unctarheel do not have a stadium yet, so they should pull out until we have that draft, and three managers haven't declared if they are dropping their stadiums,

Chasenally
mlbphan
SteveF

who should also pull out if they are changing stadiums.

chasenally

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 11:02 pm

Ninersphan wrote:I'm confused, the league is showing only one team missing from the draft- mlbphan, but at least 5 teams should not be in,

Nythawk and Unctarheel do not have a stadium yet, so they should pull out until we have that draft, and three managers haven't declared if they are dropping their stadiums,

Chasenally
mlbphan
SteveF

who should also pull out if they are changing stadiums.

I am good with mine. American Family
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Drafts are done, our teams will draft tonight, and I believe they start play on Monday night. I have entered all the draft picks including prospects and stadiums on the league spread sheet. PLEASE check it for errors, I'm only human. If you find an error, please post it HERE so everyone can know what it is and I 'll fix it as soon as I'm able. I will be out of touch (mostly) for the next three days, especially Monday.
I hope this year was a bit less painful than years past, thank you all for getting it done.

I have two more small favors to ask,

1, When posting trades, please use your screen names and not team names. I do not have then memorized and with the number of leagues I'm in (some of them with many of you) I have no desire to committing them to memory.

2, In a similar vein, when discussing stadiums, please use the city, I used to know all the parks by names, but with the way they change names due to sponsorship deals, that's gone out the window.

Thanks

We'll vote on the change to stadium rules starting on Tuesday.

Happy Easter, enjoy the holiday!

klx22

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 8:11 pm

thx for all that you do, Bill, & Happy Easter!

mlbphan

PostFri Apr 07, 2023 8:37 pm

thx for all that you do, Bill, & Happy Easter!

ditto!!

quite the job getting a bunch of grumpy old men to complete both drafts in probably a record amount of time for us.
Happy Easter to you & your family Bill & thanx for stepping up to manage this league of misfits + Dave.

the next post after this one will probably be LVD listing his “availables” :lol:

heekin65

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:12 pm

I was working on my roster and noticed because there are two Zach Thompson pitchers. I took one in the 4th Round and klx in the 11th. I was no doubt taking the lefty with the greater salary. Because I didn't pick him up while filling out the rosters first, am I to lose him? Request klx22 to clarify. Thanks

klx22

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:44 pm

heekin65 wrote:I was working on my roster and noticed because there are two Zach Thompson pitchers. I took one in the 4th Round and klx in the 11th. I was no doubt taking the lefty with the greater salary. Because I didn't pick him up while filling out the rosters first, am I to lose him? Request klx22 to clarify. Thanks

You spelled his name wrong and that is what created the confusion. The higher salary is Zack Thompson, and the name you drafted is spelled the way you just spelled it, Zach Thompson. 2 different players, 2 different teams, and one is a righty and the other is a lefty. Looking back I see you did put STL, so that does show your intent. When I used control F and looked for Zack it showed 0/0 because of the misspelling. This is Bill's call, but I am guessing he will say you get the guy and I get another pick.

Ninersphan

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:45 pm

heekin65 wrote:I was working on my roster and noticed because there are two Zach Thompson pitchers. I took one in the 4th Round and klx in the 11th. I was no doubt taking the lefty with the greater salary. Because I didn't pick him up while filling out the rosters first, am I to lose him? Request klx22 to clarify. Thanks

This one is going to be a mess.

Here’s the problem. By SPELLING you drafted the Zach Thompson you currently have. And that’s the one I crossed off during the draft. You never corrected me or pointed out it was really ZacK that you wanted. You did however indicate the team.

BUT Kieth picked the guy you thought you had drafted because he was showing on the availables list. Now it was late in the draft and maybe he doesn’t need him, but I’m at a bit of a loss as to how to rule this one.

Suggestions from the league?

Keith?

Ninersphan

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:55 pm

Keith posted as I did.

He’s only partially right. Yes heekin you should probably get ZacK and not ZacH but only because you posted his team.

HOWEVER, you also misspelled the player’s name you wanted to pick (and are still doing it BTW) which to me is no different than someone posting an incorrect pick and it still counts as a pick for purposes of moving a draft along. In other words, you shouldn’t get off with no penalty.

I’m thinking a supplemental pick swap between you and Keith. Keith gets heekins 1st rd supplemental pick and Heekin gets Keith’s 2nd round pick.

That seems fair to me, but I’m willing to listen to other people’s thoughts

klx22

PostSat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Keith posted as I did.

He’s only partially right. Yes heekin you should probably get ZacK and not ZacH but only because you posted his team.

HOWEVER, you also misspelled the player’s name you wanted to pick (and are still doing it BTW) which to me is no different than someone posting an incorrect pick and it still counts as a pick for purposes of moving a draft along. In other words, you shouldn’t get off with no penalty.

I’m thinking a supplemental pick swap between you and Keith. Keith gets heekins 1st rd supplemental pick and Heekin gets Keith’s 2nd round pick.

That seems fair to me, but I’m willing to listen to other people’s thoughts

I am fine with this
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat