• Author

klx22

Re: FOWL Chat/Trades

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 5:25 pm

i am a yes

mlbphan

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Bob, I'd like to offer the following rule change to the league to be voted on now with it to start, if passed, beginning at the conclusion of our current season.

"Farm system is limited to 10 spots at any given time", replacing the current number of "8".

The rationale is as follow: We have a four round prospect draft, and allow for the drafting of players who have not yet been drafted by an MLB team (which includes young players, international players, future potential draftees, etc...). So, it really allows a two year cap on most prospects being protected as we would draft those 8 spots every two years, and even college players can take longer than two years to make it to the show. The extra two spots shouldn't be a huge shift in how the league operates, but would allow managers a little extra room to protect a player without it impacting their roster.

I've reached out to a couple managers, and there seems to be some consensus support for this and I think it would be good for the league without altering it very much at all.

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

please weigh in with a yes or no along with team GM

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

dharmabums

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 6:26 pm

Bob, I'd like to offer the following rule change to the league to be voted on now with it to start, if passed, beginning at the conclusion of our current season.

"Farm system is limited to 10 spots at any given time", replacing the current number of "8".

The rationale is as follow: We have a four round prospect draft, and allow for the drafting of players who have not yet been drafted by an MLB team (which includes young players, international players, future potential draftees, etc...). So, it really allows a two year cap on most prospects being protected as we would draft those 8 spots every two years, and even college players can take longer than two years to make it to the show. The extra two spots shouldn't be a huge shift in how the league operates, but would allow managers a little extra room to protect a player without it impacting their roster.

I've reached out to a couple managers, and there seems to be some consensus support for this and I think it would be good for the league without altering it very much at all.

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5) dharmabums - YES
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

seanreflex

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 6:45 pm

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5) dharmabums - YES
6) Palmtana - YES
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Terry101

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 7:19 pm

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5) dharmabums - YES
6) Palmtana - YES
7) Terry101-YES
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

lakeviewdave

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 7:45 pm

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5) dharmabums - YES
6) Palmtana - YES
7) Terry101-YES
8) lakeviewdave - YES
9)
10)
11)
12)

seanreflex

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 8:12 pm

There's your two-thirds majority DC Irish. Congratulations!!

dc irish

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 10:35 pm

It's a small win for DCIrish, a big win for FOWL managers across this nation... Thanks league :)

MFL536

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 11:09 pm

Thanks!

Jim (dcirish)

1) dcirish - YES
2) SeanReflex - YES
3) klx22 - YES
4) mlbphan - YES
5) dharmabums - YES
6) Palmtana - YES
7) Terry101-YES
8) lakeviewdave - YES
9)MFL536-yes
10)
11)
12)

Palmtana

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 11:26 pm

Mikes vote makes it a landslide. 10 it is.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat