NLD 62 - Dang Bobby Richardson

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 62 - Dang Bobby Richardson

PostSat Mar 18, 2023 2:57 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:I’m alive and dealing with a new project - 1968 VW Beetle found on a farm in Tennessee that’s not run in 6 years.

I might use that VW to pick this year’s squad

That was my first real purchase (after a piece of junk 1960 Bel Air Chevy) - brand new red 1968 VW Beetle! $1680, I think. I bought it in late 1967 while teaching and waiting to go on active duty in March 1968 as a green 2LT. I loved that car.

joethejet

PostSun Mar 19, 2023 3:45 pm

Hey Guys,

Glad to have everyone back for another round!

Clock will start tomorrow morning.

I'll try to post the NLD History later today so stay tuned for that.

joethejet

PostSun Mar 19, 2023 9:09 pm

Ok, NLD History is posted: www.angelfire.com/games5/joethejet/NLD_History.xls (You'll have to copy/paste it won't hot link)

Notes:
- Spider goes back-to-back. Only AT (16/17), JTJ (21/22) and GB (31,32,33) have managed this feat. (If I missed someone, lmk)
- Third best record wins for the 16th time. Best record has won 22.
- Jeep is on an every other season making the playoffs making the last three odd seasons and winning #59. I guess you can say it's "odd" when Jeep wins. :lol: (Just kidding Jeepie!)
- JTJ has made 6 of 8 and five of the last six but hasn't gotten a ring in any of them. He's now .002 behind Silver for the best winning pct.
- KLX returned to the playoffs with the best record breaking a three-season dry spell.
- Conversely Milleram ended a three season playoff streak.
- Big A posted his best record (85 wins) since NLD 52 (88), but failed to make the playoffs.
- Opposite of Jeep, Stoney has missed the last two odds, but made the last two evens.

All I got for this time.

Semper Gumby

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 11:48 am

Spider 67 wrote:
Semper Gumby wrote:I’m alive and dealing with a new project - 1968 VW Beetle found on a farm in Tennessee that’s not run in 6 years.

I might use that VW to pick this year’s squad

That was my first real purchase (after a piece of junk 1960 Bel Air Chevy) - brand new red 1968 VW Beetle! $1680, I think. I bought it in late 1967 while teaching and waiting to go on active duty in March 1968 as a green 2LT. I loved that car.

My 1968 VW Beetle is a true barn / farm find. I drove from southwest Florida to Tellico Plains, Tn to acquire it in a snow storm. Trip should have been 22 hours round trip ended up being 32 hours as the snow caused havoc on those Tennessee and Georgia back roads.

I took my trust brown clown dog and we winched the VW onto the trailer in 15 degree weather while sporting fishing gear clothing.

The bug is now in pieces next to my semi-rebuilt 1986 Jeep CJ7 and fully restored 1978 Toyota FJ40 (all running vehicles). I'm eyeing my next project either an 1965 International Scout or a VW Bus.

:D

Semper Gumby

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 11:56 am

joethejet wrote:Ok, NLD History is posted: http://www.angelfire.com/games5/joethej ... istory.xls (You'll have to copy/paste it won't hot link).

Notes:

- Semper's sleepy Florida teams just entered into the Top 7 winningest club in NLD history.

When do I get elected to the NLD HoF?

And thank you JOE for another season of laughing, crying and more personal reflection on why HAL hates me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joethejet

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 4:31 pm

Sorry for the delay. Semper took my proxy and it took me awhile to readjust my strategy. Not conviced that I'll have the cap with Nimmo, but C'est le SOM.

Semper Gumby wrote:
joethejet wrote:Ok, NLD History is posted: http://www.angelfire.com/games5/joethej ... istory.xls (You'll have to copy/paste it won't hot link).

Notes:

- Semper's sleepy Florida teams just entered into the Top 7 winningest club in NLD history.

When do I get elected to the NLD HoF?

And thank you JOE for another season of laughing, crying and more personal reflection on why HAL hates me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're welcome. Glad to help you with your personal reflections! ;) :lol:

As for the HOF, never thought about it. Thirty-plus seasons should be automatic entrance I would think. Probably 20 would put you in. GB had 18 years but the notable accomplishment of winning the first three he was in and then never another! Maybe he should be included?

Here's the list of guys with more than 10 seasons, in order of number of years. Interesting to note that the current league features the top five, Another three over 20 and 2 with > 13. Only Randal and SteveP have less than 10 and Randal can get there by the end of 2023. :)
Code: Select all
JTJ/WM   61
BigAlric   48
Jeep   46
Nythawk   45
Stoney   43
Smokee   40
Semper   37
AT   32
Silver   28
Spider   27
Niners   26
Bigmahon   25
Dale   24
Jamesgang   23
Korkie   18
gbrookes   18
Milleram   13
KLX   13
Falcon   13
Day   13
Sandlotshrink   11
Keyzick   10
Abner   10

joethejet

PostMon Mar 20, 2023 4:55 pm

I see that Randal is going full injury strategy! :shock:

RandyW64

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 1:29 pm

Despite my "almost" 10 seasons, I have generally finished near the middle of the pack, (except one season making playoffs and getting promptly swept!)
I've tried pitching teams, hitting teams, balanced teams....why not something else? :lol: Had second worst record last season with 3rd best ERA.. so.......

Maybe it is just the managing???? Hmm.....pondering that thought!

joethejet

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 3:52 pm

Yeah, might as well I suppose.

For those of you who were wondering, like me, why we got a "Draft site Status" email, here's Stoney's explanation:

Jeep texted and said that Randal lost his password so I resent the invite. Had to send to entire league

joethejet

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 7:39 pm

Hawk has disappeared as he does from time-to-time. Per league custom we'll run back to him again and then wait for him.

KLX is up.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat