4 Era 4 Hitter 1 SP Draft

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

estern

Re: 4 Era 4 Hitter 1 SP Draft

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 11:59 am

The timing is pretty bad for me. I am traveling Friday morning returning home Monday night. Unless we somehow draft today, I think I am going to miss the entire waivers period. Hopefully the draft will be good to me and I won't have much to fix.

LeGrandeOrange

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 2:09 pm

I haven't heard back from chaberlal in the other league, in fact, it doesn't appear that he has even read my message.

Hope he's OK!

greenee, check you private messages

dilgreene13

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 9:44 pm

Hi,

Sorry, things have been crazy busy at work. I'm concerned about chaberlal’s well being.
As far as the league, I’d like to give him another day to respond. If we don’t hear from him by tomorrow night, we’ll look for a sub.
I hope he’s okay.
Thank you all for your patience.

LeGrandeOrange

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 11:32 am

Bump to keep us on page 1

LeGrandeOrange

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 9:16 pm

We should keep trying to keep this on the front page.

BDWard

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 9:39 pm

estern wrote:The timing is pretty bad for me. I am traveling Friday morning returning home Monday night. Unless we somehow draft today, I think I am going to miss the entire waivers period. Hopefully the draft will be good to me and I won't have much to fix.
dilgreene13 wrote:Hi,

Sorry, things have been crazy busy at work. I'm concerned about chaberlal’s well being.
As far as the league, I’d like to give him another day to respond. If we don’t hear from him by tomorrow night, we’ll look for a sub.
I hope he’s okay.
Thank you all for your patience.
Since estern is out until Monday night and will miss the entire waiver period, and hopefully chaberlal will recover from his illness, it seems to me that the right thing to do is to wait another day or 2 for chaberlal, run waivers on Monday or Tuesday and start the season 2 days after waivers runs.

This theme is always slow to fill, so lets give chaberlal another day or 2 (which would also help estern by allowing him to participate in waivers), as it may be difficult to find a replacement for chaberlal, especially with two $10 mil+ righty singles hitters, when it would be better to pair Ruth and Musial with more lefty power hitters and put them in a lefty park. My guess would be that any replacement manager would want to exchange Barnes and Knoblauch with players he likes better, and may want to use different versions of Ruth, Musial and Kershaw, and depending on who the new manager uses, our current managers would need time to adjust their autodraft list.

We have nothing to lose by hoping all is well with chaberlal and giving him a couple extra days to appear, as I'm sure that he'd like to stay in the league if possible.

dilgreene13

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 10:24 pm

Okay, I’ve unmarked my team from ready, so estern won’t miss waivers if we fill. We’ll see what happens in the next couple of days.

LeGrandeOrange

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 12:56 pm

I just got this message from chaberlal

"Rusty...

Please tell the guys I'm sorry...

I'm in the hospital...

I'll be out tomorrow morning and will have my team ready by noon...

Sorry again...

Charles"

LeGrandeOrange

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 1:26 pm

Back to page 1 for chabarlal’s reference

LeGrandeOrange

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 10:22 am

Back to page 1
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat