Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 7:20 pm

Years ago we had a weekend clock. It was voted down.

Every rule in this league can be voted on.
Anyone can put anything to vote.
Need super majority of 8-4 to pass.

Whatever the majority of the league wants in this regard is fine by me.

dc irish

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 7:38 pm

1) Super happy for the update Ryan, glad things are moving in the right direction with your Mom!!! Continued good wishes for speedy recovery!!!

2) I agree with a weekend clock/time limits generally. Especially weekends. I don't know how everyone else in the league's life runs, but weekends are by far my most-available time to do this kind of stuff. I can squeeze things in during the week, but Monday's are the worst. Not complaining, we do what we need to, but there should be more movement and some of this stuff should be wrapped up. 10% of the season is finished (wow, that happened quickly!!!) from a statistical standpoint and call ups and injuries can affect these drafts in real-time which I don't think is the desired way these are meant to go. And I get that people have lives that are important and it's up to each individual to balance those things but with the ability to give proxies to other people I think that balance can be maintained pretty easily.

So I'll second Sean or vote Aye or whatever the deal is so that moving forward things can go a bit more smoothly.

Ninersphan

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 8:34 pm

DEAD set against a clock on weekends. So much so that if it passes I’m out. I have way more important things to do during my free time than check on drafts, especially if I want to stay married, and at 30 years I do not want to have to look for someone else that will put up with me.

So I’m a VERY firm NO to a weekend clock.

dc irish

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 1:57 am

A) There have been two martini's involved in this response, so blame Skyy Vodka over poor old DcIrish

B) It's a league where I think that each vote should be given equal weight. Giving ultimatums regarding the outcome of the vote is, in my opinion, not respectful to the other owners in the league. The majority shouldn't suffer for the minority.

C) If you can't do a proxy or otherwise take care of business, find an alternative solution. Problem: Draft is dragging. Sean's solution: Weekend timelimits. If that doesn't work for you, then maybe counter-propose 1 hour time limits during the week, it accomplishes the same ultimate goal.

So let people vote without threats and ultimatums and allow democracy to flourish in a time when everything else in the world is kinda crap.;

Roscodog

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 2:00 am

Let’s just all get along.
I like this league and would like everyone that’s in it to stay and stay content.
Ray is usually good if someone sends him an email. I just haven’t been paying super close attention

The Turtle

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 2:05 am

I would propose at least a 4, 5 or event 6-hour clock on the weekend. That way we won't get completely stuck for 2 days if someone completely checks out.

I am better on weekends too. During the work week it's tough. I really gotta plan it out. That's why I like 24-team leagues the most. We use time slots in all of them. I know exactly when I will be picking and can plan accordingly.

Palmtana

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 2:52 am

(I'm not a League member....I just poke around ...)

Ninersphan wrote:DEAD set against a clock on weekends. So much so that if it passes I’m out. I have way more important things to do during my free time than check on drafts, ...... So I’m a VERY firm NO to a weekend clock.

Bill, you made 4 posts today. Saturday. The previous 2 weekends? Combined, 38 posts. :?

seanreflex

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 6:16 am

To Palmtana’s point, Bill, YOU are not the problem. You’re always checking in, and if you’re away you let the league know.

Even a 6 hour weekend clock prevents one person from stopping a draft for an entire weekend, it is NOT fair that 11 other managers are harmed by the laissez faire attitude of one person.

The MLB season marches on, and 48 hours bonus information before a pick IS NOT FAIR. It’s far more fair to the league that one person be skipped than 11 be delayed.

Ryan, I’ll make a formal request for a change and a vote later this AM

Ninersphan

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 7:34 am

I don’t care how much I’m checking in. I’m opposed to a clock.

I VOTE A HARD NO. I’m not always available weekends. None of my family live near me. Both my daughters are at least three hours drive. My immediate family 8.5. I need the ability to not have to pick for an entire day without penalty on weekends, especially as the weather warms, because I may be traveling. You guys are right, I check in and leave proxies if I can’t. But I do not want to be forced to do so.

Please set up a vote I’m a no. This league has run just fine without a weekend clock I see no reason to add one. The person up hasn’t picked. So what. Do we know why? Perhaps something has happened. As many of you know I had a daughter in a catastrophic and near fatal car accident two years ago. Shit happens. InsteD of hovering over your computers and phones use the weekends for something else spend time with your families, take up golf, learn a language, go to a ball game. There’s other things out there to enjoy. Use the time do that. You’ll be happier in the long run

seanreflex

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 9:17 am

So you’re a no then?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat