advanced pinch-hitter controls

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

unctarheel

advanced pinch-hitter controls

PostMon Dec 18, 2023 11:32 am

The platoon function works relatively well, but it would be ideal to have the ability to set tighter parameters as to when a particular batter should be lifted for a pinch-hitter, be the reliever a lefty or a righty. For example, I imagine this option being added to the hitter preferences where you could indicate that a given right-handed batter be lifted if he is facing a right-handed reliever whose balance rating equals or exceeds 3R. This functionality would really be valuable when facing a reverse reliever, like Tyler Matzek (8R), so that you could elect to insert a left-handed PH against the lefty rather than default to a right-handed bat or switch hitter.

coyote303

Re: advanced pinch-hitter controls

PostMon Dec 18, 2023 11:36 pm

unctarheel wrote:The platoon function works relatively well, but it would be ideal to have the ability to set tighter parameters as to when a particular batter should be lifted for a pinch-hitter, be the reliever a lefty or a righty. For example, I imagine this option being added to the hitter preferences where you could indicate that a given right-handed batter be lifted if he is facing a right-handed reliever whose balance rating equals or exceeds 3R. This functionality would really be valuable when facing a reverse reliever, like Tyler Matzek (8R), so that you could elect to insert a left-handed PH against the lefty rather than default to a right-handed bat or switch hitter.

Not a bad suggestion, but it would obviously have to be disabled in mystery leagues since it could be too obvious of a tell which year a pitcher has.

JoeGinto

PostWed Dec 27, 2023 2:00 pm

To add to the above, in non-DH leagues, it would be ideal to indicate the P should be PH for anytime after the Nth inning.
I’ve had many cases where I have a starter who I restrict to only go 6 innings. Their turn in the lineup comes up in a scoring situation in the 6th but HAL leaves the P in only to automatically come out for their turn in the 7th.

ksiena

PostSun Feb 25, 2024 9:10 am

Similarly, it would also be great to have a general setting for all hitters "Don't Lift for PH before X inning". If an opposing pitcher gets injured or pulled early, I would prefer not to have platoon bats coming in the 2nd/3rd inning.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM