Garcia's Blog XXVII- Defense Upgrades

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog XXVII- Defense Upgrades

PostThu Jun 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey guys,

First, this past Saturday night the 2012 Players Championship concluded with the user knerrpool coming behind from a 3-1 series deficit winning a thrilling Game 7 1-0! Congratulations on your tournament victory! Congratulations go to runner-up LANCE BOUSLEY as well for an outstanding season. The boxscore for the final game can be found here while the final tournament page can be viewed here.

While we're on the subject, the 2013 Players Championship is currently underway. The current tournament can be viewed from here. If you haven't signed up yet it's not too late! You can still join by adding your name to the list. Just follow this link and tell them you want to play!

On other news, two changes have been made the game code regarding defense. The first are for players who are checked off to be removed for defensive subs. Occasionally even though there were better alternatives on the bench a player who was checked to be removed he was not coming out. This code has been strengthened to ensure that whenever your team has a lead in the 8th+ inning and there is an appropriate replacement on the bench the player will be removed from the game. For example, I have Ryan Ludwick checked to be removed for defensive replacement and Bryan Petersen on the bench. Whenever I have the lead in the 8th inning or later and my team is to play the field, Ludwick will be removed and Petersen will replace him.

The second change made is that outfielders who are already in the game will not randomly swap with each other. Previously this was a bug where you could occasionally see the left-fielder and right-fielder randomly swap positions in the middle of the game. This will no longer happen. Both of these changes have been vigorously tested and will be implemented for tonight's games.

As always if you have any questions or blog ideas please let me know at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com.

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog