MVP Determination

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

PAULSALONIA

MVP Determination

PostSun May 14, 2023 12:40 pm

I am asking this question on behalf of a league member, and I'm embarrassed that I didn't know the answer so I will be asking this group.

How does Strato determine MVP of a season (or even MVP leaders) during the course of a season.

The manager has Willie Mays who is First in slugging, rbi, runs created 24/outs, and total average. He is second in homerun 2 hr off the leader.

He's not even listed at all in the MVP voting.

So, does Strato factor in the fact that Mays plays on a crappy team (I think they are rated 10th in the standings out of 12 managers).

Can someone help?

It was baffling to me, because even in real baseball (think Andre Dawson of the '87 Cubs), players on crappy teams get consideration for MVP.

Thanks, as always, for the help.

Paul

Palmtana

Re: MVP Determination

PostTue May 16, 2023 12:31 am

I copied this to the General Strategy forum where your question will have a better chance of getting answered.

tmfw30

Re: MVP Determination

PostFri May 26, 2023 1:20 pm

I think that the success of the team weighs heavily on HAL's MVP rankings.

But in general, I should caution you: trying to understand HAL's rankings for MVP and, even worse, Cy Young, could take you to places - dark corridors of the mind, landscapes of nonsense and paradox - that are best left be. I understand you are only seeking clarity, but what awaits is madness if you don't turn back.

Return to General Strategy