Bad luck or bad lineup?

Discuss different strategies for any of our player sets

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ChampionRoss

Bad luck or bad lineup?

PostMon Apr 08, 2024 2:04 pm

Below is a link to a Mystery Card Dynamite 2000's team. I selected Busch Stadium 2008 as my home field because it is more of a pitcher's park, and then I tried to go with hitters that aren't heavily dependent on ballpark for production.

In short, the season is highly disappointing, particularly my most expensive players. Todd Helton, Lance Berkman, and Curt Schilling are so far off of any of their possible seasons that I wonder if this is just extreme bad luck in the first half of the season. However, being fairly green at Strat, I was hoping some more experienced players would tell me if there is something more obvious that I'm missing due to inexperience.

Originally I had Gary Sheffield, Melvin Mora, and Brad Lidge on this team, but I noticed I'm getting significantly more at bats vs RHP, so I dropped them for Bobby Abreu, Lance Berkman, and Paul Shuey (which leaves me soft on SP's, but I figured defense and a decent ballpark would help offset that).

Team average, OBP, slug, and virtually all other numbers are pathetic, especially from my highest paid players. If this is poor roster construction, I should make moves right away before we hit game 81.

Thank you all for any constructive input you have.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1743920

Palmtana

Re: Bad luck or bad lineup?

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 11:47 am

I'll copy this to the Mystery Card forum where you may get more of a response.

Return to General Strategy