Nightmare

the official tournament of the Mystery Card player sets

Moderators: Juiced JC, jaywalker72, Palmtana

• Author

canauscot

Nightmare

PostFri May 03, 2024 11:41 pm

90’s team just lost final 14 games and in the process lost not only the division lead but also miss out in the playoffs by a game. Lost the final 4 games with leads in the 9th.
Missing out on those points very much could cost a spot in the tourney semi’s
:roll:

Match

Re: Nightmare

PostSat May 04, 2024 4:57 am

Ouch! I think your 00s team will get you in the semis. My nineties team lost 17 out of its final 18. I had a winning record prior to that. Luck plays a role.

jaywalker72

PostSat May 04, 2024 10:52 am

canauscot wrote:90’s team just lost final 14 games and in the process lost not only the division lead but also miss out in the playoffs by a game. Lost the final 4 games with leads in the 9th.
Missing out on those points very much could cost a spot in the tourney semi’s
:roll:

The worst - such a helpless feeling at that point, too. Were there injuries or was it just everything going the other way on you?

canauscot

PostSat May 04, 2024 4:37 pm

Tbh, I knew the team was flawed and had probably over-performed, but felt,
“hey, they probably only need to win one or two from here, and you never know your luck in the playoffs”
Worst thing was the bullpen looked rock solid, and if you look now, you’ll say “why was he satisfied with that bullpen?”

hallerose

PostSun May 05, 2024 7:44 am

5 of the loses were to my team. While I clearly had a much better bullpen and a better team by the end of the year, it shouldn't be 5-0 especially when Maddux starts. I needed the wins and playoff berth to guarantee a spot in the top 24.

canauscot

PostSun May 05, 2024 9:50 pm

hallerose wrote:5 of the loses were to my team. While I clearly had a much better bullpen and a better team by the end of the year, it shouldn't be 5-0 especially when Maddux starts. I needed the wins and playoff berth to guarantee a spot in the top 24.

Yes, I knew you had the better team by the end and recognised I would concede the lead, but didn't count on Maddux (who will be proven to be one of his best years) going 0-6 in his final 9 starts. :oops:
While you needed those points as your 00 team is struggling, I thought we would both qualify.
Now I'm in real danger, because even though I have one of the 3 best teams in my 00 league, we are all in the same division and I'm in third! :(

Return to --- Mystery Tournament