Card Nom Freebie from BS Tour--Make your case!

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

STEVE F

Re: Card Nom Freebie from BS Tour--Make your case!

PostTue May 09, 2023 2:07 pm

scorehouse wrote:to Steve, I couldn't view/open the jpg? wonder if there is a way to screen shot it off a camera photo taken from the computer screen then post from your phone photos?

I don't use a phone that can text or take pictures. I have a flip phone. Phones are for phone calls. Now get off my lawn. ;)

FrankieT

PostTue May 09, 2023 7:09 pm

STEVE F wrote:
scorehouse wrote:to Steve, I couldn't view/open the jpg? wonder if there is a way to screen shot it off a camera photo taken from the computer screen then post from your phone photos?

I don't use a phone that can text or take pictures. I have a flip phone. Phones are for phone calls. Now get off my lawn. ;)

that was pretty funny! I don't think there is any way to post an image. You would have to post a link to a photo aggregator or website or something.

FrankieT

PostTue May 09, 2023 7:30 pm

andycummings65 wrote:1987 Dale Murphy, his best offensive card, he plays RF-1(-2)e8, 2L Balance, 44 HR (career high), 105 RBI, 295/414/580

Hi guys--appreciated reading all these inputs the past couple weeks. Sorry I was a little tardy here had some stuff come up.

I decided on the 1987 Dale Murphy. One of my favorite players from the 80s and would love a card that is a littlew more balanced.

Wha? Why?
Growing up in NY as cable TV was becoming big in the early 80s, this Yankee fan had WPIX ch 11, and would watch WWOR for the Mets on ch 9...but then TBS came along big. Skip Caray and Ernie Johnson were on almost every night.
We used to play a lot of baseball, wiffleball, and Boxscore Baseball simulations, and then settle down with some slurpees and watch the Braves. Since I hated the Mets, and the Yanks were on network TV less, the Braves were my alternate fix.

The Braves were like a special indulgence especially because they weren't very good most of the 80s, but Murphy was always a class act I rooted for. He just did his job every night.

He was also surrounded by some interesting characters, Pacual Perez, Bob Horner, Raffie Ramirez, Glenn Hubbard and one of my favorite prior Yanks--Chambliss...talented but many different types of folks that it didn't seem like were catching beers after the game...you just felt bad for them sometimes as a team. And their announcers were smarter than Rizzuto, not as smart as Bill White thought he was, but pretty sterile otherwise.

So, sorry I only had one to give.
Cheers and thanks! I will let SOM know.

BC15NY

PostTue May 09, 2023 9:32 pm

Thanks Frank! Nice choice. I like the 1987 Murphy card.

Appreciate you sharing your pick (and story) with the ATG card community.

Also watched a lot of Braves baseball back in the day. First on Tampa's WTOG ch 44, then on TBS when we finally got cable!

FrankieT

PostTue May 09, 2023 10:59 pm

Cheers Bill--yes!

scorehouse

PostMon May 15, 2023 10:34 pm

I was and still am a bit fan of Murph. hope they use the same card as shown in the 80's Mystery Set? use your pull Frankie boy and get that card

FrankieT

PostWed May 17, 2023 12:26 am

Oh geez...if it's pull we need from me, we may be in trouble
But yeah I agree!

scorehouse

PostFri May 19, 2023 10:13 am

they, whomever they is, give u a clue how many years before they r able to price Murph's card and add?
Previous

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions