A0 Benched Players

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

A0 Benched Players

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 11:17 am

OK, I'm not really opposed to limitations due to over-usage, but Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Ryan, etc. were all benched in my league last night. Had I know that Rodgers (who a Q next to his name the night before) was going to be out for Game 4, I would completely redone my strategy.

The over-usage was intended to add to the realism. However, in what world would Brady, Ryan, and Rodgers be benched when not hurt. In fact, Rodgers was in fact averaging 45 passes/game. However, my contention is that the game engine is at fault as there are about 20+ more plays per game than a real NFL game. Everyone is getting over-usage.

I guess we will have to throw realism out the window. Benching top QBs because he threw an extra 10 passes per game is silly (that must have been exhausting for the QB). RBs over-usage makes more sense due to them getting battered every carry.

I just don't appreciate having players benched without warning. A 'Q' next to a player's name didn't resonate to me as an A0 missing next game completely.

The jury is still out on this game and they are thinking guilty at this point.

mr_herzog

Re: A0 Benched Players

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 am

If the computer will hold a player out of a game without indicating the situation to his team owner (and opposing owner), that is a real problem.

geekor

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Happened to David Johnson too (also AO and was Questionable).

I've sent a email to SOM last night, and I would suggest anyone else effected to do the same.

I understand overusage so cheap players don't play too much, but 10+mil players that never miss a game or snap losing an entire game, due mainly to the SOM engine itself, is BS.

geekor

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:21 pm

FWIW, my email was rather nasty (as they didn't answer my last 2), and I've actually told them to either fix it, or refund me, as the game isn't following their own rules. If I lose my team, you know why :cry: :?

the splinter

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:28 pm

were these in trial leagues or full season paid leagues?

I am wondering if in trial leagues they did this so we could have the experience of injury/substitution?

geekor

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 pm

the splinter wrote:were these in trial leagues or full season paid leagues?

I am wondering if in trial leagues they did this so we could have the experience of injury/substitution?

Full paid leagues

mr_herzog

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Something is obviously broken.

Was there an indication before gametime that Johnson was going to be held out?

geekor

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 pm

He was Questionable.

Again, if SOM games ran about the same number of NFL plays per game, there shouldn't be an issue. But since most SOM games are running over, their over usage numbers need to be bumped up to cover this discrepancy, otherwise their game is running under false pretenses.

Not one person expects to have Rodgers, Elliot, etc (players who play all 16 games are are HEAVILY used in real life) to have to sit a game because the SOM engine runs more plays than the NFL. IT should not work that way.

And I mean they are sitting 1 game in the first 4, that means at the current rate they will miss 4 games this season.

KEVINEHLE

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 2:33 pm

I feel I need to say something positive. Last night, my team had a big lead and so HAL pulled Ajayi and played my 2nd and 3rd string running backs pretty much the whole second half. Ajayi only got 10 carries for the whole game so he is fresh for the next game. I'm hoping the benching of players with big leads is a standard programming strategy.

dr.red

PostMon Sep 18, 2017 10:16 am

Yeah. My A0 QB has started and finished a total of 3 out of 7 games so far. Current record is 3-4, so not a garbage time thing of resting players either. This game is pretty much unplayable.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365