Auto Draft Waivers Question Please

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Chief_Wahoo

Auto Draft Waivers Question Please

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 2:40 pm

From the rules: You then go to the back of the queue (even if nobody else wanted the player, and even if your Claim didn't work out), as all the rest of the teams get their highest-ranked Claims, in order.

**So if I have players on my waiver list Let's say ranked 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . I don't get my player 4 if there's not enough money . . . then I could lose my turn(s) 4 5 6 7 8 9 if there's not enough money . . . or it goes to 5-9 until I have enough money for a lower priced player?

Big Fred Whitfield

Re: Auto Draft Waivers Question Please

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 5:20 pm

i think ur correct in that if an earlier transaction wasn't completed, then that cash didn't change hands, etc.

i had that problem before

makes caution definitely prudent, and also maybe even pre-dropping any players (staying above minimum salary cap level), or targeting higher value players to get rid of in more certain situations (not as popular of a player you might be picking up, etc,) all of these hopefully helping avoid the premise you noted

not 100% certain, other people with more experience their opinion will count much more

bkeat23

Re: Auto Draft Waivers Question Please

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 10:49 pm

Just checked a waiver wire from a league that starts tonight.
Team failed to pick up Drysdale without a drop and got a 9-not enough cash.
Subsequent cheaper players with a corresponding drop were successfully picked up.
It seems the round with the failed Drysdale wire pickup was lost, but pickups and drops in the following rounds were processed.
Chief, to address your scenario based on this, you didn't get your 4th round waiver pick without a replacement pick in the 4th, but the rest of your picks, salary and position issues aside, should have been processed.
At least that's how I think my league's waiver wire applies to you in this case.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats